Nov 27, 2007

New Project

**ETA: the pictures. I posted without the pictures. It's going to be a long day.



As if I really needed to start another project. I finished up my moms first sock yesterday so I celebrated by starting a new shawl.

Dsc03307


The pattern I'm using is Show Your Colors Shawl. It's a very simple shawl pattern. I'm using to strands of Knit Picks Shimmer, color Grape Hyacinth.

Here's the first Penllyn Sock.

Dsc03300


This one was a fast knit, three days for the first sock. Keep in mind that this is the socks I knit on all night long when Kaity was sick.

I've died and gone to....well you all can figure out what I was going to say. I just read out on the Ravelry forums that the yarn shops in Helena went out of business. The shop here in town is very limited...emphasis on very! So I guess Billings has my nearest yarn shop and Billings is like 4 hours away. Makes me almost want to cry.

I'm really kicking myself in the butt because there are like 3 shops located outside of the base there in Cheyenne, WY and that was our second pick. It was our second pick because it put us farther away from my family. Cheyenne is less then two hours away from Denver, CO. *sigh* Should have picked WY. Oh well, stuck here in Montana it is....guess I'll make the best of it. Internet buying here I come.



Time to stop feeling sorry for myself and get the kiddo out the door for school.



5 comments:

  1. Bummer about the LYS in Helena - and it sounds like you missed out on going out of business sale, too - grrrr! :'-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, do I know how you feel!!! I'd be dead without the internet. Like the new shawl. One of these days I may get to knit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the limited LYS, but heck, shopping online is my way to get things too. :) No driving and packages in the mail, like little presents all the time. :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. You buy on the internet quite a bit. While it is nice to have a LYS, your choices aren't as limited as they would have been 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly why I learned to spin. Montana is where they grow the yarn, not sell it.
    The store in Billings is super fantastic. I love it there, but I probably won't go there again for a few months.
    PM me on Ravelry if you get too bored and lonely. I live on the base and I'm always around.

    ReplyDelete