Nov 11, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Not to much going on here in the house of Luvs2knit. We're relaxing and enjoying the day. I have a few things to show you.

First up, I finished the 1st panel of my Cable Comfort Throw.

Dscn2160


The panel is folded in half in the picture above. Of course after I finished the first panel and started the second panel I read other peoples comments on Ravelry who have knit the whole throw in one piece. It sounds like a great idea but after I got to thinking about it, the project would lose it's portability so knitting it in panels are a better idea for me.

Here's the blankies I purchase for Bree.

Dscn2168


She loves them like crazy. They are small thus making them easy to carry around. I bought them off etsy from Katie Bean Kids. Great seller, fast shipping. She has some really cute kids jewelry. I may go back later to get some for Kaity's birthday.



Yesterday we all went out Christmas shopping. Kaity went with me to pick something out for Shawn and then they dropped Bree and I off at Barnes and Noble while they went to shop for me. Which was just fine with me. Who can resist a Carmel Mocha from Starbucks and a fully stocked shelf of knitting books? Not I!!



I do know that they went to Pam's Knit 'N' Stitch because Shawn decided that my little plastic ball winder needed to be replaced so he put this one on layaway for me. So here in a few paydays I will be the proud owner of a beautiful wooden ball winder.



6 comments:

  1. What an awesome ball winder! I bet you can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Bree's blankies! I'd carry them around too if I could...
    I think its a good idea to keep the cable blanket portable too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a ball winder! I've never seen one like that. I just have the little plastic one. ooooh, my Christmas list just got a little longer.
    I wouldn't knit the afghan in one piece, either. Think how heavy it would get as you went along. The panels looks so nice. I love cables.
    So glad you all had such nice day. OMG, just to be dropped off at a Barnes and Noble makes me quake in my boots. I have all this pent up shopping in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cool ball winder. Cute blanket too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blankie! And I'm impressed that you're so on top of Christmas shopping. I'll still be shopping the week before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool project. I can't wait to see more progress on your throw. And yeah, to knit that project all in one piece seems so daunting, or maybe I'm just easily intimidated. lol

    ReplyDelete