Nov 29, 2007

FO Report

I'm on the downhill slide of a nasty head cold that's been kicking my butt for the past few days. Day one was filled with nothing but body aches and yesterday the sinus pressure came in. Now I can't breathe out of one side of my nose. I guess I can be happy that I can at least partially breathe. So needless to say I didn't accomplish much knitting because I just didn't feel like knitting.

Yesterday evening I finished Kaity's hat while watching The Pursuit of Happiness. Good movie, BTW. Next up is Clerks 2, mix in a little CSI: Miami, followed by I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Yup, lots of intelligent movies comin' my way!  :~)   



I'm playing catch up on the CSI: Miami's. I started watching them on A&E and now I'm hooked.

Dsc03318


Sorry for the not so excellent pics. We are lacking in natural light. The sun is hiding behind clouds today.





Dsc03319





Bree was kind enough to model it since I didn't get a pic before Kaity went to school. I used the Palindrome hat pattern and Cascade 220 wool, color 7805 which is a bright pink. I do believe that Cascade 220 has become on of my favorite wools to work with. Springy, tough, and doesn't split but isn't super scratch. I'm curious to see what it feels like after washing. Gotta be good it so many people love it.

I also received my box from Knit Picks on Tues.

Dsc03309



The yarn is to make Sheldon the Turtle. I also got the Harmony cable needle set and the Holiday Lace sock pattern. The Holiday lace sock pattern comes with the Candy Cane stitch pattern and the Hollyberry stitch pattern.



This was the slowest moving box to date. 13 days to get from Ohio to Montana....Yikes! FedEx is moving slow, probably due to the holidays and everyone doing their online Christmas shopping.

Finally, the lights on the house.

Dsc03298


Shawn put them up a while back but I kept forgetting to post the pic. You can't tell from the pic but over the garage we have icicle lights. We keep lights to a minimum. The snow on the ground is still there and we've gotten a few more light dustings since then. It's suppose to snow off and on today. The crazy thing is it's suppose to be wicked cold for the next few days and then by Monday it's suppose to be like 46 F for our high. Crazy weather.



I'm off to find some lunch for Bree and I and hopefully catch a decent nap before Kaity gets home from school. The housework can wait....must-find-Sudafed!



7 comments:

  1. Bree looks so cute in that hat. I know what you mean about Cascade 220. The workhorse of yarns. Hope you like the Harmony needle set. I love 'em. Are you getting dumped on with snow? We are about to get hit with lots of snow and bitter cold. I'm going for those sock patterns at KP. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. :-(
    I think Bree needs her own hat - sorry, Kaity! It looks adorable on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hat! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ack!!! Cute.Baby.Pic. Must.Smooch!
    oh so sorry about the sick... I hate being sick. really, really. get some rest and lots of fluids!
    the house is so cute and the lights look great! snow! whu-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, warm hugs. Feel better soon!
    Bree's hat is super cute! The pic is adorable.
    And oh wow, that's one nice looking house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. Bree looks so cute in baby-jail, with the hat on.

    ReplyDelete