Nov 30, 2007

Can't Make Up My Mind!

Last night I started the second of my moms socks but since I only finished the cuff I'm not going to bore you all with a picture....12 rows of k2, p2 ribbing = boring!

I did narrow down what I want to do with some of the Patons yarn I bought at Michaels.

It's down to two patterns by Chic Knits. Either Twist or Mrs. CB's Camp Jacket. I have enough yarn to do both but haven't decided which one I want to start first. I won't be starting for a few more weeks. I need to get Kaity's sweater started/finished first. Her sweater shouldn't take long.

If I go with Twist I'll have to make the 46" which would give me about 3" of ease so the sweater wouldn't be overly form fitting. I'm not big on sweaters that squeeze the life out of me, course this could be because I'm not a size 5 anymore. Now if I took my measurement right, then I should be good to go. I measured myself while wearing a light weight top (turtle neck) that I would normally wear under a cardi like this one.

Now with Mrs. CB's Camp Jacket I'm leaning more towards knitting the 48" since it's more of a jacket. I'm afraid the 44" would end up being too tight. The 48" would give about 5" of ease.

Any sweater veterans out there that have some sage advice for me. I think I'm on the right track but I've been wrong before and I'm quite sure I'll be wrong again.

Since no post is complete without a photo. I dug back through iPhoto to Thanksgiving day for this one.

Dsc03241


Isn't it great to be a little kid. When you're little it's socially acceptable to rip into a chocolate muffin with total abandonment.



2 comments:

  1. My vote is for Twist - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the twists pattern. The camps jacket isn't my style, but the twists....yummmm.....LOL And of course, Bree is adorable in the hat! :)

    ReplyDelete