Nov 4, 2007

Yarn Found!

Warning: Picture heavy post. Sorry dial-up users.

I found some of the Patons Classic Wool at Michaels.

Dscn2121


I picked up 10 balls, color New Denim. At $3.50 a ball, I'd say $35 is a pretty good buy for enough yarn for a sweater. They also had a nice dark green that I wanted but I didn't want to over spend so I stopped with this.

I also got a set of two baskets for 40 percent off.

Dscn2118


I'm using the larger basket for all my dishcloth cotton and the small basket for the skeins of yarn in the queue for socks and small projects.

I picked up another skein of Bernat Cottontots. Shawn found a big picture frame marked down 50 percent for a drawing my sis made for him a few years back and the we found Christmas ornaments for the tree. Each year we each pick out an ornament for the tree. It's something that we did in my family when I was a kid and I'm continuing it with my kids.

Here's a couple of shots of the Forest Canopy Shawl modeled by my favorite helper.

Dscn2126



Dscn2127

She's already stated that she wants one of her own. I'll have to hunt up some yarn to make one for her soon.

Here's a finished shot of Baby Lily's blankie.

Dscn2129


I lightly blocked it so it's only about 26" x 22" but will stretch a lot more. I think that is perfect size for using in a carseat or stroller.



I also started Kaity's scarf yesterday....I needed a project to work on in the car.



Dscn2117



I'm using the Palindrome pattern and Patons SWS, color Natural Geranium. It's knitting up super fast. I love the yarn and the pattern!



To top off my fun filled day we made a detour to the Great Falls Med Clinic so they could cut my wedding ring off. I woke up this morning and my hands were so swollen that the ring was making my finger really uncomfortable. The rings off and my hand feels a lot better.



Well I'm off to go swap the laundry...fun, fun, fun!!!



10 comments:

  1. Great stuff you got there! And, beautiful FO's and WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful colors - I especially love the shawl and the denim blue - it'll make a great sweater for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH the shawl looks really really great! (must move it up my list) and the baby blanket is the perfect size- won't drag around or get caught in the car door.
    WHY were your fingers so swollen? too much salt? are you drinking enough water?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaity did a great job of helping. I'd watch the shawl if I was you, she might wander off it with like the eldest did with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color of the Patons SWS. It's so cute. As is your helpful little model!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I should check out our Michael's Joanns or AC Moore for yarn deals, since our local Walmart only has some yarn left and then most are acrylic. Not really my choice when it comes to sweaters. If there wasn't that pesky 45 minute drive... I guess there is always mail order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a haul! I would have had a hard time resisting the green. But what a terrific price for 10 balls of Patons. I'm a huge basket fan. Ask DH. They're all over the house. Love the shawl. I started FC today with Kauni Rainbow. It's on Ravelry. Couldn't resist after seeing yours. And the scarf is awesome. I did the IHS in a solid, but I like yours better. I've been looking seriously at Typepad. So far I'm liking what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great deal on the Yarn! I can't say enough how fantastic the shawl is. :) And look at your super cute helper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shawl is beautiful! Such a cute model!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least your lovely shawl model didn't decide that she wanted THAT shawl!

    ReplyDelete