Nov 21, 2007

Updates

I've been busy these last few days. Lets see, where to start.

I started a new hat for Kaity.

Dscn2202


We can't have her running around in the cold, playing with snow without putting a wool hat on her head. Specially not with a knitter in the house who can make her one. I'm using the Palindrome Hat pattern and I'm using Cascade 220, color #7805. I'm at about the halfway mark. I may pick up some more Patons SWS to make another one to match her Palindrome scarf.

Last night I started the second sock of my 3x3 Cabled Moss Stitch socks.

Dsc03233


I have two more pattern repeats to go before starting the heel. I can't wait to finish this one so I can wear them.

I received some goodies in the mail.

Dsc03230_3


Interlacements Tiny Toes, color #220. I bought it from another Ravelry user. These colors are yummy.

The school sent home a referral letter stating Kaity needed to get her eyes checked and return the form so we scheduled appointments for both Kaity and I. Kaity needs glasses.

I was kinda hoping she wouldn't but the deck was stacked against her because Shawn and I both wear glasses, a lot of my family members wear glasses and the same on Shawn's side of the family. She picked out pink frames (of course) and we'll be going back on payday to order them. We're getting them from Pearle Vision so she'll have them in 1-2 days after we pay for them. I hate having to wait several weeks for glasses to come in.

It's time to start getting the kiddos ready for bed and hope that my eyes go back to normal soon....they dilated my eyes....don't you just hate having your eyes dilated.



6 comments:

  1. The tiny toes is so pretty!
    I have had glasses since the 1st grade. I was scarred by bad 80's glasses fashion for a while. Just help her pick out a cute pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil has had glasses since kindergarten. Our entire family wears them. Just the nature of things, I guess. Those interlacements are lovely. Good thing you spoke for the Koigu. I just had a buyer take all 18 remaining skeins. Geez, this is turning into a full time job with no knitting getting done. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I start cooking early because Phil works a 12 hour tonight. All the best to everyone. I'm so loving the whole palindrome thing. I have yarn waiting for scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mayor wears glasses too, no big deal.
    I HATE getting my eyes dialated! last time my appt was 9am and my eyes didn't feel normal till 8pm that night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!
    I had to get glasses when I was thirteen - yup - in the 80's. Be happy small is in. The hat will be a perfect for her new glasses. You are a thoughtful Mommy.
    Our eye doctor has a machine that takes a digital picture, instead of dialating. It costs a little extra, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Interlacements yarn is awesome! WOW! Thanks for posting it, I have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your green cabled moss stitch socks!

    ReplyDelete