Dec 19, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

Things here are crazy. Who's house isn't crazy right now? I'd love to know so I can come over for some peace and quiet. : )

I managed to get quite a bit farther on Kaity's Afghan. All I have to do now is throw on about 8 more rows of pink in the zig-zag pattern and then put the edging on and I'm done...still several more hours of work. I think I'll manage to get the rows done tomorrow afternoon while Kaity is at school, provided Breanna lays down for her nap....easier said then done some days. : ) The drawback to kickin' butt on the afghan is that I think I'm going to need to run to Wally World to pick up another skein of pink so I can put on the edging. I do believe I'm going to run out. I really don't want to drive 10 miles to get a skein of yarn, specially since Wal-Mart is kinda crazy right now. *sigh* Guess I will have to be brave so that I can finish the afghan that Kaity's has been waiting so patiently for.

I've still got about 2 inches to go before I start the toe decreases on the 1st of my sock. I haven't worked on the sport weight sock for Kaity in awhile. I'm sure I'll be picking it up again soon.

I did start another worsted weight sock for Kaity with the leftovers from her zig-zag afghan. I'm using the green for the cuff band, heel and toe and the orange for the leg and foot. This is the first time I've used two colors for a sock so we'll see how that goes. I started it more as a practice thing but I'm using Kaity's foot size for the pattern. If it works up good then I'll make the second sock for her and she'll have another pair of socks to love. The kid does love her hand knitted socks. : )

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment