Dec 30, 2006

My Stash Splurge

I thought I would type a little about the yarns picked up today as I sit here in the peace and quiet, enjoying my chicken salad. Kaity and Shawn are watching Over the Hedge and Bree is sleeping the sleep only babies seem to be able to do.

I picked up some Sugar N' Cream for my dishcloth KAL. Some of these are colors I can't get easily at my local Wal-Mart and I'd hate to have to drive 60 miles for a few $1.70 skeins of yarn.

I also have a lovely skein of Opal sock yarn that I snagged off of eBay for the lovely price of $9.99. I should see that here in the next week or so. Can't beat that price. There is only one place in my area that carries Opal sock yarns that I know of and they charge $19 for the regular sock yarn and $24.50 for the 6-ply so it's cheaper for me to buy through eBay most of the time even when you figure in the shipping. I still want to go in and check it out because the owner said she carries a wide variety of Opal colors and I want to see what other types of yarn she has.

I picked up 2 different skeins of Online sock yarn for myself and my sis bought one for me to make her a pair of socks. That lovely green pull skein was a lovely hank of Cherry Tree Hill in beautiful greens and blues. I can't wait to make a pair out of that. The pretty earth tone yarn on the far right is Austermann Step yarn for a pair of socks for my Mom. I can't wait to knit with this yarn. Everyone says it leaves your hands feeling nice. I picked up a skein of the Lion Brand Magic stripes in the purples and blues....it was on sale so I figure What The Hay I'll give it a try. Couldn't leave Craft Warehouse with just a few skeins of Sugar N' Cream. I also got a little tin that has a lotion bar in it. You just take the bar, rub it in your hands, and then put it back in the tin. It has lanolin, bees wax and a few other things. It's call The Bee Bar and you can buy it online through their site. It feels kinda heavy and greasy when you put it on but within a minute or two in warms up and sinks into the skin. My hands feel great. I've definitely added their site to my favs.

I've found my favorite place to drool, pet, and buy yarn. I finally made it down to Meridian to check out The Yarn Shoppe. Let me just say "Oh Me, Oh My". The owner has done such a wonderful job. Everything is set up so beautifully and they carry lots of different types of sock yarn. The ladies I met today were so nice and friendly. Plus to top it all off they have a buyers incentive program. YIPPY, Squeal, Squeal, Giggle Giggle!!! As to Knit Wits, well as my Mama always told me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", and we'll leave it at that....LOL.

I'm not sure if my sis completely understands the obsession but she went with the flow and checked out the yarn and oohhed over the soft ones, the pretty colors, etc. Plus she found some sock yarn that she likes and bought some for me to make her a pair. I'm not sure I could get her to convert to knitting, she likes her video games too much...lol. So I think it will still be just my mom and I knitting in the family. Although I think I'm going to teach Kaity how to knit. I've got some size 10 Bamboo needles that she can use to learn on. She's been showing an interest in learning....wants to do what Mommy is doing. I'm sure I'll post on that when I start that one....should be fun....lol.

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment