Dec 8, 2006

Start of a Crazy Day


My little one waking me up at 5:30 am was a wonderful way to start off my day. I have to say I would have much more preferred to sleep in till about 7-8 am but I guess beggars can't be choosy...much better then the 3:30 am wake call for yesterday morning. 3:30 am is definitely too early, plus there never seems to be anything on TV to watch. I normally like to have some background noise. I couldn't even find anything on one of the movie channels....go figure. Why again is it that I'm paying $12 for those channels? I settled for one of the XM radio channels on DirecTV....Country of course. If all goes well I may get a little nap, WooHoo....Something to look forward too. : )

On a brighter note I was able to get some more knitting done. I worked on my sock, one shown up above. I'm working on the foot right now. Oh how I wished I had a smaller foot, I would be closer to being done. But, *sigh*, I was cursed with a big foot. Of course I think I would walk a little funny with a size 5 foot being the fact that I'm 5' 8" tall.

I haven't managed to get another sock started for my oldest daughter yet. She's wanting a new set of socks made for her by Mommy. She's 5 years old and loves to show off her socks to her friends at school. Plus she gets to show off her new sweaters that her Grandma makes for her. Some of her friends are wanting to know if her Mommy and Grandma can make them some socks and sweaters. I guess they don't have any knitters in their family. My mom is the sweater maker and I'm the sock maker. One of these days I'll try to make a sweater....maybe, if I ever find the time for it.

I want to make a pair of socks for my youngest (she's only 4 1/2 months old) but I need to get me some shorter DPN's in size 0 & 1. The shortest I have in those sizes are 8" long....way to long for me to attempt a set of infant socks...I already tried. I've been tossing around the thought of trying out the Knit Picks DPN's but I've never tried metal needles for socks so I'm not sure how well that would work out. I have bamboo DPN's for my sock making and love them.

Guess it can't hurt to try out the Knit Picks DPN's. My mom has their Options set where you can swap out the needles and cables. She got them while visiting up here and I got to try them out. They are absolutely wonderful. I can't wait till I have some extra money to plop down on a set.

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment