Dec 23, 2006

Silly Me

I'm such a dork. Upon farther inspection I realized that the 2 skeins of Fortissima Socka Colori sock yarn that I got off of eBay are indeed the same color. I made the assumption....shouldnt' do that...that they were different colors because the skeins look completely different. Upon inspection of the ball band I noticed that the skeins have the same color number and dye lot number. Now I'm thinkin' to myself, "Well Crap, How Can That Be". So being the smart person I am I decided to look into the center part of the skein and sho nuf there's the matching colors....Lol. Well at least I don't have to think very hard on how I'm going to use the yarn now. I'll just makes me a pair of socks out of it.

I'm itchin' to dye my Knit Picks yarn. Shawn picked up a ton of Kool-Aid for me so maybe tomorrow I will dye it. I've decided on Tropical Punch so that it will give me a nice bright red. I'm going for something flashy. Shoot I might get some more yarn from Knit Picks and dye some in Lemon-Lime....it comes out this vivid green. I'm going for a solid color because I want the pattern to show up well. I'm now thinking about using a cable pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. I also want to try the Moc Croc pattern from Knit Picks....ooohh how to choose...lol. Maybe I'll try my hand at painting the yarn at a later time....Kaity can help me and we'll make the yarn into socks for her.

A few more weeks and I'm off to the Big City....if you can call Boise that.....to go shopping. Just me and my little sister....Yippy!!! LYS here I come. I've decided to go to Knitwits after emailing with the owner. She said that she keeps her shop well stocked with sock yarns so that's a super bonus for me. I guess it's safe to assume that I am now addicted to sock knitting. It's not cheaper then my old smoking habit, but it's definitely a lot more healthier plus I have something to show for it. I've made it 5 months smoke free so far and doing good....WooHoo!!!

I finally finished the crochet zig-zag afghan for Kaity and her two color socks. I'll post the pics later. I need to get them downloaded off the camera and I don't feel like doing that right now...lol.

Labels: , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment