Aug 19, 2007

A Good Scare & Some Updates

Let me tell ya, nothing will get your heart pumping better then a good scare.  Which would be why I'm still up at almost 2am.

I damn near had a heart attack earlier when a spider the size of King Kong came flying across my living room floor at Sonic the Hedgehog speed.  Ok, ok, the spider (funnel weaver) was about the size of a silver dollar (counting his legs)....still really big and the boogers are super fast.  They are harmless unless you are a small child then you may have to worry about them carrying off with you....I really have to watch Bree and Zeus, though I think Bree is heavy enough and Zeus is the only one who has to worry!  Ok, so I'm maybe stretching the truth on that one too.  Well you all get the point, they're big and I hate them.

Since my heart was a pumpin' there was no way in the world I was heading to bed any time soon so I worked on a new project.  I started the Forest Canopy Shawl using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the color Tuscany. 

Dscn1719


I'm really liking it so far.  The shawl is a little less bright in really life....there goes my camera flash washing things out again.  The pattern is super easy and I think this is going to be warm, soft and cozy.  It's for me.  I've been wanting to start another lace project.  What better thing to work on during this move then this shawl.  If I don't finish it before the movers get here.

I finished the first Trekking Baby Cable Rib sock.

Dscn1712


My sis is lucky I have another ball of this or she would sooooo not be getting these socks.  I'm loving this colorway.  These socks will not have matching stripes.  There is no way in the world I'm going to drive myself crazy trying to match these bad boys up.  I like my sanity just fine.  It would take an extremely calm, patient individual to match up these socks.

Lastly, we have the Mango stripe blanket. 

Dscn1721


As you can see from the super boring picture, I've managed to put on another stripe.  I was way to engrossed with finishing the Trekking sock and starting my Forest Canopy Shawl. 

Well now that my heart is beating normal again I need to try to catch a few hours of sleep.  I need to finish the laundry tomorrow and who knows what else!

Happy Knitting All!



6 comments:

  1. Gosh that a big spider. Ekkk.
    The LL Tuscany is really pretty. And your sis is just so lucky, the sock looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done the same thing if I had seen that spider. There are spiders everywhere out here. So glad you started Forest Canopy. Easy pattern with great results. And that Trekking sock. Nothing beats Trekking XXL. I seem to come back to it all the time. I had startitis yesterday, too. It's a sickness I just can't seem to get over. Hope all is well today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spider. must. die. Ick - I hate them, too! Lucky sister - that is such an awesome colorway of Trekking. I've got some LL Tuscany, too - I frogged my first sock in that and haven't started anything else with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl.....she's having a 50% off sale this week on her patterns in case you wanted to get another one! :) It looks great. I really need to update my blog....I'm behind again. Do you think it is working that's interferring? LOL Take it easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I also hate spiders. They're evil. Thankfully, we have the great spider hunters in the house. But that only works if their seen.
    Nice job on the blanket, it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All you need is a good shoe to put an end to your spider problem. Around here we get those big nasty wood spiders. Yuck!
    What color is that Trekking sock? Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete