Aug 23, 2007

Toy Knitting

I gave the shawl a break and yesterday afternoon I started this:

Dscn1734


This is Sheldon from the Winter 06 Knitty.  Well it's Sheldon without his legs and shell.....those will follow soon.  I have one leg on the needle right now.  I don't have the plastic eyes so I used some yarn for the eyes.  Lets just say I'm not very good at it.  I'll practice a little more before I make the next one. 
I don't want the plastic eyes because I want Bree to be able to play with it and small things like the plastic eyes are too much of a worry for choking on.  So I'll be sticking with the yarn eyes.



I need to go feed the kiddos some lunch.  For some reason they think they need food....I'm not sure who gave them that idea.   :~)



3 comments:

  1. Cute toy! I have never tried knitting toys, but it looks like a great project for little ones. the blog is looking so good. Holy crap, what a list of FO's you have. I take one step forward and two back. Hope everyone is well and gearing up for the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww....that's going to be cute. didn't know what it was until I followed the sheldon link. I sat for a minute or so going"hmmmm a funny rattle, a knit spoon with eyes"....then I said, ahhh a link! LOL Cute turtle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was looking a little like a spoon, too! He's going to be very cute, and who needs plastic eyes - the yarn ones are perfectly fine!

    ReplyDelete