Aug 25, 2007

Sock Progress

Yesterday was a complete bust for knitting.  I finished one of Sheldon's legs and started another but gave up to read more of the newest Harry Potter book.  To top it all off I stayed up way to late because I just had to finish the last 450 pages.  So I was super tired today, but hey I finished the book.  One of these days I may learn, nah probably not!

Today I did manage some knitting.  I put a few more inches on the Melon Stripes blanket and after I'd had a nap I started sock number 2 of the Baby Cable Rib Trekking socks. 

Here's a shot of the Trekking socks.

Dscn1772


Well I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow's a fun filled day packed with laundry and more boxes to pack.  We need to get the fragile stuff packed up.  Fun, fun.  Not to mention all the fun we are having try to get Bree to sleep in her pack and play.  She finally gave in and took a nap in it today.  Hopefully she will tomorrow too.



6 comments:

  1. Socks are looking good. I do so love Trekking XXL. But I have yet to find a sock yarn I don't like. Well, maybe cotton. I've gone dishcloth nuts and joined the group on Yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sheldon is giving me a little greave. Well, not really, but I decided to make only one, even though the kids already picked out their favorite colors. The i-cord killed me and I just crochet it around. Now to the legs, which I can't make in the MC, because I'm running out, so his are going to be in CC. Can't wait to see yours all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Postponing knitting for Harry is an acceptable excuse, but unfortunately, since it's the last book, you don't get to use it again! It was a great finish to the series, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sock looks good! I do the same thing staying up way too late to finish books-and Harry Potter! But its a beter kind of tired than when I have to stay up all night with the boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, I thought I had a lot of sock yarn.....ok, I'm not going to drag it out of the closet to look. I'm actually afraid to, and I ordered 10 more skeins this past week. I don't have enough to knit. Actually I think it is addicting! Going to join Socks Anonymous....nah, I love it too much, but am on the first step...admitting I have a problem! :) Start packing girl and don't forget to post when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those socks! I'm a super-newby knitter but aspire to be a sock knitter! Have just recently started the sock yarn stash (am I sad or what?) and am waiting to either A) acquire a sock knitting book or 2) take a sock knitting class. Any words of advice?? Your socks are great!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete