Aug 31, 2007

Moving Pictures

Here's the pics I promised.  Today was even more busy then yesterday.  All the boxes are gone and on their way to Montana. 

The packers were really nice and a join to talk to but after we left there was a lot of stuff they didn't pack that was left for the driver to take care of which is not suppose to happen.  They also didn't stack the boxes to leave a walk way, they left them everywhere so Shawn had to stack them all up instead. 

Living Room Shot #1:

Dscn1799


Living Room Shot #2:



Dscn1801



Kaity's Room:



Dscn1802




My Room #1:



Dscn1803



My Room #2:



Dscn1804


The movers were fabulous!  I'm hoping they will be able to deliver our stuff when we get our place in Montana.  Even though today was a tiring day it also fun.



TLF (Temporary Lodging Facility) isn't too bad.  For all of you who may not know, TLF is housing that is set aside for military families who are moving.  I'm not sure how TLF is set up everywhere but here they are houses.  We have a pretty nice set up here....wireless highspeed internet, cable, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen that is outfitted well enough that I can cook dinner for the next few days and a washer and dryer.  The last one makes me very happy.  I hate having to haul laundry to the laundromat.  The only thing that would make it better would be to have A/C.  Thankfully tonight a storm kicked up and we got a good amount of rain which got the swamp cooler wet and helped cool down the house better.



Oh and since this a knitting blog, here's my knitting content....I knit exactly 5 rows on the Melon Stripe blanket.     :~)



7 comments:

  1. Oh boy, do those pics look familiar. Boxes everywhere. Glad you are in a decent TLF. Hope the rest goes smoothly. When do you head to Montana? Hope you can avoid the fires. I sure will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good move. PCS moves seem to take longer each time. I've never stayed in TLF so it's nice to hear that there are good ones just in case. Have fun and hope you get some knitting done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooof! That's a lot of work. Good Luck! I hope it all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of boxes. Good to know that the military provides really good accommodations for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok now explain this Swamp cooler thingy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a whole lot-o-boxes! Hope the move continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, the move is near! My dd and I took a girls day to your future home. We drove down through Shelby, and back through Fort Benton...around 250 miles for the day. We shopped, got my hair cut, had pizza, knit in the mall, and then came home. Perhaps the next time we drive down, the two of us can meet!

    ReplyDelete