Aug 3, 2007

Ribs and Lace Tank

I finally got a better photo of the Ribs and Lace Tank I'm making for my sister. 

Dscn1562


Now doesn't that look much better.  It still isn't perfect but it's better then the crap photos being shot here in the house.  I should have used the Sony.  Ah well, next time.  And to think I went out into the heat to take this pic for you all.  :~)  It's almost 100F (37.8C) out there, yuck I hate the heat.  I snapped my pics, snatched up the tank and ran right back into the A/C cooled house.  I'm a pansy, I'll admit it. 



And since you all were kind enough to look at another unfinished photo of the tank and listen to me whine about the heat.....I give you yarn:



Dscn1553



I won this from Romancing the Yarn.  During the month of July they were having a contest called Yarnapaloza where they picked a winner each day for the whole month of July.  Imagine my surprise when I saw I was winner #28....Yippy! 
I'll probably use the Gedifra to make socks for me.  Probably some comfy simple ribbed socks.  Kaity has already laid claim to the simple stripes, mumbling something under her breath that sounded a lot like the word knee socks.  Wee that should be fun!  :~)



Well I'm outta here for now.  Stay tuned for gratuitous yarn photos tomorrow.  I should be getting my order in from TLE and to top it all off I should be getting my 2nd sock club order from TLE on Monday or Tues.  I received shipment confirmation that the package shipped today.  I'm doing the Snoopy Dance now.  I can't help but smile and wanna dance where I hear that tune.  I love Snoopy!



Happy Knitting Ya'll!



3 comments:

  1. Oh Trish, the tank is just beautiful! You sister will love it. And good for you for winning that contest. I used to read that blog, but forgot about it. Hope you all have a good weekend in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny when children claim your yarn? My grandsons do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great tank that you've knitted for your sister!

    ReplyDelete