Aug 1, 2007

Progress on the Blankie

Due to the hole in my finger (see previous post), I worked on Blake's blankie. 

Dscn1549


I managed to put another 4 squares.  Three more squares to go to finish the 4th row.  I've decided that I'm going to put 2 more rows on which will make the blanket about 24 inches wide without the border.  The border will add another 1-2 inches.  I want the blanket to be manageable....something that can be used in a car seat or stroller.



Next up, baby blanket for my cousin.  She's due with her first little one towards the end of the year.  I've sent her an email with some yarn colors.  I'm going with the Encore Colorspun.  It's sturdy, machine washable and its soft on the hands.  I'm going to go with a simple pattern.  I was actually thinking about the pinwheel blanket.  I think that would look awesome in the Colorspun.  I haven't decided yet though.  Anyone have a favorite baby blanket pattern they'd love to recommend?  It doesn't have to be free.  I'm more then willing to purchase books or the separate pattern.



Well I'm off to catch some sleep before it gets to late.  I have a busy day ahead of me.  The housing inspector is suppose to be here in the afternoon to tell us what all we need to fix/clean to pass our inspection and I have to take Bree to the hospital for her blood work. 



7 comments:

  1. Love the blankie! Good luck with Bree's blood work and the housing guy. Ugh, those memories are coming back. Fix this, fix that. Paint this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed making the pinwheel baby blanket and would have no problems making it again. I did see different variations of the outer border with garter stitch or ruffles which looked nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with Bree and the house inspection too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! hope it goes well for Bree and the bloodwork as well as your inspecion.
    busy busy
    I normally crochet my blankets (do you crochet? I can't remember)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've done patchwork knitting before and since I have another blanket coming towards me in fall I might just give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt is gorgeous. I hope your girl enjoys feeling to special! Is that a Black Cocker I see? I have one also, but she is a runt and I keep her hair trimmed so she looks like a black lab with cocker ears! LOL So when's the big day of the move? I really need to catch up on your posts! Feel soooo far behind! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skirt is amazing and the blanket is inspiring...I need to try one. Say, I see some patterns on your to do list that I have been thinking about...we could cheer each other on!

    ReplyDelete