Aug 18, 2007

Blankie FO

I finished Blake's Blankie last night.

Dscn1695


WooHoo!  Yippy! 

Dscn1698


I used a pattern that I purchased from The Naked Sheep called Piggy Back Squares.  The blanket was suppose to be bigger, more like a throw, but I shortened it up a little bit.  I only knit 5 rows instead of the 9 rows called for in the pattern.  I used Plymouth Encore Colorspun #7117, also purchase from The Naked Sheep.

Truthfully I was beginning to wonder about the blanket.  With each square added it just looked ragged.  I was afraid that it was going to look horrible when it was finished but adding the border pulled everything together and it looks great.

Crazy me, after I finished this one I started another one. 

Dscn1699


I'm making the diagonal blanket out on Bernat's website.  Bernat's has messed up their site so now there isn't a page for each pattern, they are all listed on the same page....thus no direct link to the pattern.  Go figure, gotta mess with something that was working just fine.  I'm using Bernat's Baby Coordinates Sweet Stripes in the color Melon Stripe (Orange/White).  I'm not making this for anyone in particular, though Kaity was trying to claim it for herself.



My Yarn Pirate Booty Club shipment came in this morning.  The colors are gorgeous!  I'll show you all later, I don't want to spoil it for anyone.



Well I'm off to get the kiddos in bed.  I'm ready for a little Mommy quiet time. 



4 comments:

  1. Yes, you're crazy - but it's very cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! That means my YP should be here Monday. The blanket is just adorable. Excellent job! Hope you got some quality knitting time in. DH is off on another trip, so it's knit city for me all week.

    ReplyDelete