Aug 13, 2007

Socks, Yarn & Shopping!

Back on the needles again!  I ripped my sisters sock and started again.  So the pic below is the new sock progress.

Dscn1681


I had to rip it out because it was going to be way to big for her foot.  It would have fit mine.  I forgot to subtract for negative easy when I was figuring out the cast on number from Sensational Knitted Socks.  72 sts was going to be way to big for my sisters skinny toes.  So I decided to go with the Baby Cable Rib because there are no YOs so the socks will be more solid and warm. 

I guess it's safe to show my Loopy Ewe Sock club shipment that I got in last week.



Dscn1611



And the Yarn





Dscn1613



I love the colors.....Yum! 

No I did not purchase any yarn from this latest sneak up from TLE.  I decided to save my credit and money.  I'm heading out for a day out with my sis tomorrow so I want some spending money.  Like I need anymore sock yarn anyway!  Now had the Yarn Pirate Loopy Groupie color been there my credit would have been quickly spent.   I can not pass up the Yarn Pirate.   

I'm planning on heading to one of the yarn shops so you all can bet I'll report in with any purchases I've made.  Not that I'm planning on spending massive amounts of money but I do have a few small projects I need yarn for. 



Kaity wants a seed stitch beret from this Debbie Bliss books and Shawn wants a scarf for this winter and a matching hat.  I'll need to make two sets, one in black for his uniform and one in some other non-blinding manly color.  Plus I need to get the yarn to make my cousins baby blankie.  I'm going even more easy then the pinwheel.  I'm going to do a simple diagonal blanket.  Nothing overly fancy that will knit up quick and will show off the variegated yarn I'm going to buy.  My cousins due during winter so I need to finish this one and get it to her before the baby is born unlike my summer procrastinating on Blake's Blankie.  :~)

I think the next Yarn Pirate Booty Club shipment will be shipping out soon.  So there's something to look forward too. 



Well I'm outta here.  I need to get some sleep so I won't be yawning all day tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. Have I said how much I luv that Trekking - those are my colors! I did get in on the TLE Sneak up - whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so much to look forward to. Don't you just live it? The socks look great in baby cable. That is a tight, warm knit. I'm headed to the sneak up here soon. I have that Debbie Bliss book for the scarf on the front. Yesterday I started a Montego Bay scarf, but nope, it's getting frogged. Just not me. So glad your sis is coming tomorrow. Hope you both have a great time together hitting the stores. I finished the first Wolfie sock yesterday, so will cast on for #2 today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the sock looks great with the baby cables. the loopy ewe shipment looks fun!
    I can't wait for the next YP shipment!

    ReplyDelete