Aug 25, 2007

The Stash

**Warning: This is a picture laden post.  Dial-up users beware!**



My helper:

Dscn1770

She has a thing for boxes....goofy cat.

First:


Dscn1749


Mostly acrylic.  Some are leftovers from various projects.

Second:


Dscn1751


Wool!  My Lorna's Lace worsted, Manos, and Cascade.  I'm really hoping to buy some Malabrigo from Wool Girl after we are all settled in our new home.



Third:

Dscn1752


Misc. mix of yarns, cotton and lace weight.  There's also a cone of Zephyr wool/silk lace that's missing from the picture.  I found it after the pic was taken.

Fourth:


Dscn1755


Fun Fur....*shudder*.  I'm not a big fan of the stuff.  It's leftovers from the hats I made for Mini.  I'm keeping it because Kaity likes the stuff.

Fifth:


Dscn1757


Various skeins of Knit Picks yarns.  I wanted to try each yarn line so when I'd order needles I get a few different skeins to try.

Sixth:


Dscn1758


Some Hempathy and Bella Colour I found sitting in a box on top of my storage drawers.

Seventh:


Dscn1760


Dishcloth cotton.  Most of it is leftovers from some of the dishcloths I've made. 

Eight
:



Dscn1761


Lots-O-Sock Yarn.  This all the yarn that comes in a ball, ie Trekking, Opal, Regia....you get the idea.  There are some skeins of Knit Picks that are hiding under the pile.  By this time I was getting tired of taking pictures so I wasn't going to split this one up plus it's going to be part of a contest I'll be having for my blogiversary but that isn't until December so you all will have to wait.  :~)

Ninth:



Dscn1764


Big Pile-O-Sock Yarn.  12 pair of socks for me and 6 pair for the girls.  This is one of three photos of the biggest share of my stash.  I had to split it up in to three separate photos.  I keep all the hanks together in on drawer.

Tenth:


Dscn1765


Medium Pile-O-Sock Yarn.  17 pair of socks for me and 1 pair of socks for the girls.

Eleventh:



Dscn1768



Small Pile-O-Sock Yarn.  8 pairs of socks for me, well actually 7 since the blue/yellow hank of Cider Moon is Kaity's, and 1 lace shawl.  The Schaefer Anne is being reserved for a lace shawl. after I've gotten settled in.



All this took 1 large box, 1 medium box and 2 small boxes and a grand total of 45 minutes to pack.  I'm tired.   :~)



6 comments:

  1. Yes! Your stash rocks! I know it's hard to pack it up, but it will be so much fun unpacking it in your new place. Thanks for all the pics. It was fun seeing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some of that stuff my way. Not like I need it, but I sure like it. I love it all, so if a box comes up missing, don't come looking in my direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling over the wool pile - plus, I saw that lone ball of Trekking I love peeking out of the Lots-O-Sock yarn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stash! There are some amazing items. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. that's a lotta sock yarn! Better keep an eye on those boxes! well, maybe not the fun fur.. lol

    ReplyDelete