Aug 12, 2007

Socks & More Socks

This is the first post I've had in awhile that's going to be pretty much sock related.  Wow!

I finished the Silver Pine Campfire Socks this afternoon. 

Dscn1666


Ain't they purty!  I love them and I love this sock yarn.  I'm getting all my knitting time in now because here in two weeks I'm going to start getting super busy so you all won't see a whole lot of knitting posted to the blog from about the last week of Aug till possibly 2-3 weeks into Sept.  I will try to post from time to time just to let you all know how everything is going....promise!

Since I finished the Silver Pine socks I decided to start a pair for my sis....ahhhhhh, aren't I a wonderful sis. 

Dscn1668


I'm using Trekking #110 and the Elongated Corded Rib pattern out of Sensational Knitted Socks.  I'm totally in love with this color so I'm glad I have a ball for myself too.  Kaity is going to have to trample over my dead body to get my Trekking #100, she's already tried to claim it....no way it's mine. 



The pattern stands out a little better then what you see in the picture.  The flash washes it out a little bit.  It doesn't stand out as well as if I would have used a solid or semi-solid but I think I'll keep going with it.  It breaks up the monotony of stockinette stitch socks.  Plus you get the added snuggness and stretch of ribbed socks.  It's mostly k2, p2 ribbing with two rows that have YO's, Ssk, and K2tog.  Might as well stick with it.  Trekking is too thin a yarn for me to attempt stockinette socks on.  I'd go mad before I finished the first sock!  I think it would take me forever to finish them.  A little hard to believe, I know!

I also finished the Cables and Lace dishcloth yesterday I think it was....shoot my memory is going. 



Dscn1659



The cable doesn't pop as well as it did in solid but I already knew that....duh!  It did show up well, I think partially because the yarn is light colored where as I think the cable would have been completely lost in a darker variegated yarn.




See this little turkey! (That's Shawn trying to hide behind her)



Dscn1663



We think we've figured out what her problem is.  We don't think it has anything to do with her thyroid like the doc is thinking.  We think the little turkey has acid reflux.  The constant spitting up, which should have stopped months ago, the slow weight gain, constant burping with lots of hiccups, erratic sleep schedule, waking up in the middle of the night screaming.....well we started adding 2+2 and got 15.  All these symptoms when put together point to acid reflux, even the elevated thyroid levels.  Thyroid levels can become elevated due to stress, acute illness, etc.  Acid reflux is considered an acute illness. 
Shawn is going to make an appt with her doc first thing in the morning to see what the doc thinks.  My gut feeling tells me I'm right!

Well I'm off to snag a few hours of sleep.  I have to attack "Laundry Mountain" tomorrow since I'll be off shopping with my sis all day Tues.  We're going to catch Harry Potter and do a little shopping.  Yes I'm going to go browse me some yarn while I'm out.  I have a few projects that I need yarn for.  No I'm not going to be bringing any sock yarn home, Shawn would kill me!  The only way I'll bring sock yarn home is if my sis buys some for me to make her more socks.  I'll let you all know if I buy anything.



Have a great day and happy knitting!



4 comments:

  1. Well, first of all the socks are gorgeous. I love that Cider Moon yarn. Can't wait until my Peaces and Creme get here. If you are right about the reflux, you will be saving Bree from a lot of problems as an adult. I can cause no end of trouble, the worst of which is cancer. A mother's instinct is usually correct. Call that doc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Trekking is GORGEOUS! That's one lucky sister! I hope you're right about Bree - poor baby. Maybe now she'll get the proper treatment that she needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I hope the doc gets it right and you get her probs solved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know we're going thru acid reflux with my grandson right now. The only way to make a dx in a child is to have them scoped with a biopsy taken. My grandson has been on Nexium for about a week and is making a wonderful recovery. Eatting, happy, full of energy.

    ReplyDelete