Aug 14, 2007

A Nice Day Out

Oh I can't tell you how wonderful it was to get out of the house for the day.  I left Shawn and the kiddos on their own for a day out with my sis.

We went out to see Harry Potter and do a bit of shopping.

My lowly little yarn purchase.

Dscn1686


Two skeins of Cascade 220 is a super hot pink for the Seed Stitch beret out of one of my Debbie Bliss books and a scarf.  Yes the yarn is really a bright pink.  She loves it!
I didn't spend much.  I figured I'd better be good after the box of diapers and toner cartridges bought at Sam's Club. 

I did get some yummy lotion from Bath & Body Works.

Dscn1684


I got Japanese Cherry Blossom lotions and a small bottle of Irresistible Apple lotion.  Gotta love coupons, $24 in stuff for $11.  :~)

Here's a swatch for the scarf I'm making for Kaity. 

Dscn1691


I'm just using one of the cable stitch patterns from my Barbara Walker stitch pattern book with a seed stitch border, which will match the seed stitch beret.  I'm going to block it out and do some math....yuck...to see how much yarn I'm going to need and all that wonderful stuff.  I'm quite sure that 220 plus yards will be more then enough to make Kaity her scarf. 



4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time with your sis. A day out is very refreshing for body and soul. Cascade 220 is always a good purchase. I love the cable scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like HP? I loved it. Pretty purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a day! A movie (which I am anxious to see), yarn, a visit with your sister, and goodies from B&B works...could the day get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Cascade 220! I think Kaity's scarf will lovely.

    ReplyDelete