Aug 29, 2007

No Clever Title

Today's one of those days.  I'm rushing around trying to get the few things taken care of before the movers get here tomorrow and trying really hard not to cry over my cat being gone.

She's still alive and well but we had to find her a new home.  We aren't allowed more then two pets in housing up in Montana.  We tried and tried to get them to budge but they said no.  I'm not sure if I can even begin to explain how much my heart is breaking right now nor can I express how "mad" I am at the housing office up there in Montana. 

We couldn't find her a home and we decided that we really didn't want a military family to take her.  I've seen to many pets dumped off at the pound with no cares when a set of order comes down and the military member doesn't want to deal with it.  Unfortunately not everyone views pets as family members.  We took her up to Emmett to a no kill animal shelter.  The ladies up there are great, they have a good vet and all the cats are well taken care of and happy.  Even if she never gets adopted she will have a home for the rest of her life.

So the agenda today is to stay as busy as possible. 

Here's the progress on my Twisted Flower Socks:

Dscn1789


I decided to work a slip stitch heel instead of the patterned one.  I made this decision mostly to maintain my sanity and partly because I think the heel would irritate me in a pair of shoes.



I also joined in on Secret of the Stole which starts 5 Oct.  If I remember correctly they will be taking new members until 4 Oct then the group closes.  So if you want to join in on the fun, go sign up now.



I was trying to keep busy looking for the yarn for the stole.  I decided that I want to use Malabrigo's lace weight yarn, which has caused me to run into a brick wall.  The colors I want, I couldn't find online and of course there are no retailers listed in Idaho, Montana or Wyoming that sell Malabrigo, let alone their lace weight.  I found two colors at Kaleidoscope Yarns that will work.  I'm thinking of going with Cognac or Applewood.  After I get the yarn I'll need to hunt down some beeds.



7 comments:

  1. Happy to have you aboard the Secret of the Stole KAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your kitty, but I truly believe you did the right thing. I knew about a lot of pets that got left behind when we were in the PI. They usually ended up on some Filipino's dinner table. This way she will have a good life. I, too, would be furious with the base in Montana. I love the Malabrigo laceweight yarn. Gorgeous. Good luck with the move. It's a pain now but will be better when you are settled. I sure will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey! I'm so sorry about kitty! I really wish we were closer, I would take her in a heartbeat. I'd be in bad shape if I had to give up one of my fur babies.
    AT least she will have a nice home for life with lots of kitty friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I had to leave my two cats behind years back and now we finally adopted a dog that was "surrendered" by a military family as well. The kids thought we had to leave the dog if we ever move again, but she is part of the family now. The daughter I never had, just with more fur. Oh, and I'm holding off on that mystery stole. I was cured by the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your kitty. :'-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your cat! I'm glad you were able to find a good place for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the cat.
    I'll need to check into the stole when I get home, because yahoo groups are blocked at work.

    ReplyDelete