Aug 9, 2007

Blankies for Dogs

Note: I had this all ready to go last night, hit save so it would post to the blog and wammo....no internet connection.  Ack, I had to retype this post a second time.  I typed it up last night in TextEdit and saved it so I could post it this morning.
So here it goes:

No knitting here last night.  I gave my sore finger a break and busted out the crochet hook to finish up Zeus' kennel blankie. 

Dscn1649


I using scraps of Red Heart acrylic.  The first color (Banana Berry) you guys may recognize as yarn I used to make Kaity a pair of socks, which she still has by the way.  I threw in the dark blue when I ran out of the Banana Berry, got tired of the blue and used the Red Heart Pogo I had leftover from my very first big knitting project....yup you guessed it, a 2x2 ribbed scarf.  It's a nice scarf and after about 200 more washings it may be soft enough to wear!  I have some nice Manos that is destined to become my new scarf.  I also have some Lorna's Laces worsted that may become a scarf or some fingerless mitts for myself.  Anyway, the final color (yellow) was picked by Kaity.  She said his blankie needed something bright in it, though the bright yellow. 

Dscn1646


Doesn't he look happy? 

I started one for Shadow. 

Dscn1650


Shawn picked out her colors.  I'm using red and some leftover variegated in shades of reds, yellows and oranges.  I think I used this to make a hat that Kaity has hid somewhere in her room.  I believe it's been designated as her work hat which gets paired with a dark blue Hawaiian print shirt....it's what she wears when she's pretending to go to work.  It's NOT a good combo but it makes me laugh my butt off each time I see her in it....it's super tacky!

My dogs sleep in their kennels at night.  Never worry they are very comfy and have plenty of room.  Since they sleep in their kennels I want them to have something comfy of their very own.  Right now they are using old towels.  Now as much as I love my dogs they aren't getting wool blankies....acrylic is much more washer friendly.

OK, you all know I love shiny things.  All my needles are shiny and I have tons of stitch markers.  Well check this out.  The iMac is now Anodized Aluminum.....pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny!  Damn Apple and their emails!  Now I want one. 
Anyone want to donate to the Trish needs a new shiny computer?  Hey I had to try!  It's for a good cause, right?  Alright, I'll keeping using my trusty faithful eMac.  She's stuck by me through thick and thin.  I bought mine right before Apple stopped making them so I've had mine for about 4-5 years and have never had one single problem.....gotta love a Mac!



4 comments:

  1. Give me an Amen!! We've seen the shiny new IMac. Guess who else wants one? Me!! Apple has been the ruination of this family. We'd have so much more money in the bank if it weren't for that company. Darling blankies for the pups. That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll contribute to the Trish wants a new Mac, if you contribute to Knittech doesn't want to work any more fund. I only want a couple million.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice computer! I love the silver. Much easier to keep clean than white.

    ReplyDelete