Aug 6, 2007

Tank Update

I'm chugging right along on my sisters tank. 

Dscn1623


I'm about 16 rows from starting the straps.  The back is almost finished.  All I need to do is decrease all the stitches down to 18 stitches which will be used to graft the straps on.  So I guess I need to text my sis and tell her that if she wants her tank she's going to need to stop by the house so I can do some measuring for the strap length.   



Send me some knitting juju, good luck, etc on the fit of this thing.  It looks like it's going to fit but I'm worried about the length.  Here's hoping I compensated correctly.  I shortened it up a bit to compensate for the sag of the cotton.  I didn't want the tank down around her knees like a dress. 

Oh and here's how I worked around the two holes in my finger.

Dscn1626


There's a small band-aid under there....Spiderman if anyone cares to know!  On top of the band-aid I layered about 5 small pieces of that medical cloth tape that docs seem to use for everything.  Nothin's pokin' through that stuff.  With all those layers I was able to knit away. 

See, there isn't much that will stop me from knitting.  I even knit through sleep deprivation, head colds, etc.....though I've learned to stick with simple dishcloths and Stay Away From Lace!  Lace and no sleep or lace and being sick just absolutely do not mix for me.  I learned my lesson the hard way.



6 comments:

  1. Wow you are a nice sister! I don't seem to get alot of knitting done (I think I am slow!), so I value what I do knit and seem to manage only the "clubs", knitting for my immediate family and I and now for the new baby! I can't imagine knitting for one of my sisters! LOL Get that finger better soon! It's got to hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tank looks lovely. Hope you sis realizes how lucky she is to have you to knit it for her. I agree. Lace and anything less than total quiet and concentration just doesn't mix. We're off to Billings today to pick up my car. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool tank! Argh, that finger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tank looks great!
    I agree with the previous comment...lace (at least for me) requires a bit more concentration.
    Hope your finger starts to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to tell you that I have the same exact "finger" right now!! lol I just got in some knitpicks circulars, and I'm learning to knit with two at a time (instead of DPNs). I wanted to take a pic to match you, but haven't had the time. I just think that is soooo hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tank is going to look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete