Aug 11, 2007

Campfire Socks Progress

I finished the first Silver Pine Campfire Sock last night.

Dscn1654


It fits snug but one of the things I learned from my first pair of socks made using Glacier is to make them a tad snug because they will loosen up just a bit when you wash them.

I started the second sock shortly after finishing the first.

Dscn1658


It would have been right away but I had to get the kiddos into bed first.  I have about 30 rounds to go before starting the heel. 

Finally I have the second Cables and Lace dishcloth. 

Dscn1655


It works up pretty good in variegated too.  For some reason I really like this pattern.  I need to go digging through my book and find some stitch patterns to turn into cloths.

We received good news on Thursday.  We have a house waiting for us on base.  So we'll have a place to live when we get there.  The dogs will only be in a kennel for no more then 3-4 days.  We have 19 days to go till our pack date.  I can't wait to get out of here. 



6 comments:

  1. The sock looks just lovely. I love that yarn. Cables and lace dishcloth, eh? I have to find that pattern in one of the sites you sent. Thanks so much. Good news about the house. Hope you'll take pics once you are settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check my blog if you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIp HIp Hurray! Only 19 more day till packing and a house waiting for you! whoot! great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - congrats on having a house to move too! I'm surprised you're still getting so much knitting done when you're moving so soon! The socks look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news and that is a great sock too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sock yarn. It looks positively squishable!

    ReplyDelete