Aug 4, 2007

Yarn.....Yum!

I think the title says it all.  I got my box in from TLE this morning. 

Dscn1592


This stuff is way gorgeous and totally drool worthy.   I love the Gypsy Knits color Banana Split (the hank in the middle).  It really does kinda remind me of a banana split.  The CTH Sockittome isn't quite as soft as the CTH Supersock...shoot what is, but it is softer then most sock yarns with nylon in them.  I think I may like the new stuff too but I reserve the right to change my mind after I've knit up a pair of socks with it.  I got the Panada cotton to make socks for the girls.  Kaity likes ankle socks so I think I can get a pair for her and a pair for Bree out of these two skeins.



I also started another pair of socks last night.   These will be used for SOS07 and will go into the Cider Moon flickr group.




Dscn1574



These socks are the Campfire Sock pattern by the gals from Cider Moon and I'm using their yarn Glacier in the Silver Pine colorway.  Now this is not what I would normally pick in a sock yarn color but for some reason the yarn kept calling to me a few months back so I bought it.  It's been sitting in my stash waiting to be knit. 



The only socks I have OTN are the Twisted Flower socks which require a good amount of concentration and are not something I knit while watching TV or when the kids are awake. 



8 comments:

  1. I just finished the Campfire Socks for my Sockapalooza pal and they are an awesome knit. That Glacier yarn is such smooshy goodness.
    Shouldn't you be packing?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, wwwooooowwwwwww
    nice!
    I love the way the campfire socks are coming out too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love that sock yarn from Cider Moon. Campfires are up next for me. But I may hold off until Sheri gets more of that yarn. Total Drool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic enhancement. I really like your color choices. :)
    What a delicious banana split and oohh your CTH is so pretty too. I think I have that colorway but in the supersock, didn't you say it was winterberry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, yum is right! I think I need to start stalking TLE. I didn't spend all my $$ in Boston, so I'm placing an order in a week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stash enhancements! I LOVE that Banana Split colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, you'll have to 'fess up and take a picture of ALL your sock yarn stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhhhh!!!! That Cider Moon is gorgeous! I can't go near TLE at the moment. My resolve would fade immediately!

    ReplyDelete