Jul 3, 2007

Almost A Problem

Now you all know that I started swatching for my sister's Ribs and Lace tank.  I got gauge with the larger needles though I am knitting a swatch with a size smaller needles to see what I get.  I'll be prepared when I block them.  I didn't get gauge with the US 4's on the 2x2 ribbing swatch.  Turns out that I'm short a few measly stitches when I stretch out the ribbing *sigh*.  Normally I'd say no biggie, grab the next smaller needle and swatch away.  Well the next smaller needle is a US 3 which I didn't think I had.  So I was a tad PO'd. 

I forgot all about the needles my mom gave me when I first started knitting.  They are a mix of various needle sizes and lengths.  She didn't need them because she had bought her KP Options set.  So I gave them a new home.  Well I dug through the bag and found a 16" US 3 circular needle. 

Now here's the thing, the pattern calls for a 24" US 3 circular for all sizes of the pattern.  I'm making the smallest size so by the time I'm ready for the US 3 needles there will be a total of 152 sts on the needle being worked in the round.  I'm a thinkin' I need to try to get 24" circ before I hit this point in the pattern.   It's driving me crazy!  Not that I have to drive far to hit the point of insanity.



Update: I gave in and order the one lone needle needed to complete the tank.  One dang needle and shipping: $7.78.  But hey by the end of next week I should have my needle.  :~)



Bree is up tonight for some reason.  So now I'm sitting here at the computer wishing I was swatching for the tank instead of sitting here with a baby on my lap.  I need a vacation....alone!

I leave you with another shot by Kaity:

Dscn1096


Looks like Bree is a star trying to avoid the cameras.   I think she was trying to grab the camera from her sister.   :~)



7 comments:

  1. A vacation alone. Aaahhh, now what is that? Actually, it's not a bad idea. And I have certainly ordered one circular from Knitpicks and paid shipping just to get it there ASAP. There circulars are the best. Hey, are you all going to be affected by the missiles leaving Malmstrom? Happy 4th! It's a huge deal here in Cody. Not even going to attempt to venture downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A vacation.... sigh. Someday.
    you are making ME crazy with the needle situation! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paparazzi shot! A knitting vacation would be great, but so would a knitting retreat with other knitters! I get more done in the few hours we spend together than in the same time span on my own. I guess I'm easily distracted. :-)
    Glad the right needles is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, a vacation alone would be wonderful! But, I'll never know. :( I appreciate ALL your help with my blog. It's really fun to have a place to share and vent. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well when you are as cute as Bree you have to expect that people will be trying to snap your picture all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd kill for one of those vacation things you speak of. I haven't slept through a night in 3 years! Ahhhhhh Parenthood!

    ReplyDelete