Jul 2, 2007

Eleanor's Irish Eyes

WooHoo!  I finished up my Eleanor socks tonight.

Dsc03149


Socks stats:
Yarn: Scarlet Fleece, color Irish Eyes
Needle: 32" Knit Picks Classic Circular US 2/3mm
Pattern: Eleanor by Gigi Silva of Momma Monkey & Socktopia
Mods: I added a few more rows to the heel flap but other then that I knit to the pattern specs.



Oh yeah, I wear a US 10 womens size shoe and my foot circumference measures 9.5".  The lace is fairly stretchy.  If you have a fairly skinny foot I would go down in needle size to make sure they a snug on your foot.



The Scarlet Fleece is a tad scratchy, kinda like knitting with Opal or Regia but I have a feeling it will soft up with wash. 



Well I'm off to work on the swatches for my sisters tank.  She's coming home on Wed....Yippy!  We'll be going to see Harry Potter together.



8 comments:

  1. Great socks. I sure do like the color. Hope you have a good time at HP. I'll be anxious to see picks of the tank swatches. I'm on the home stretch of Jaywalker #1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic and oh my goodness you're the size of one of my sock swap pals. Just like foot twins, lol. I may need to come to you for some sock knitting advice. For instance, how my stitches did you cast on? (How many do you usually cast on?) You know me, size looks so weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love those socks! And I can't wait for HP - although I'm more excited about the book than the movie - the actress they got to play Delores Umbridge doesn't look like she did in my mind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! How many socks do you think you'll get made this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow they look great!
    and you wear a 10?- funny thoughts that go through my head hearing that....
    oh she must be tall...
    so lucky 'cause when she drop spindles she can get a nice long spin going- as opposed to 5'2" me who needs to stand on something to get a long spin going lol
    so how is the spinning going? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great, I love the color especially. Tell when you've washed them - I'd like to know whether or not they became smoother.

    ReplyDelete