Jul 20, 2007

Genius Idea

Look what my hubby the wonder genius came up with last night.  OK, OK, maybe I'm a tad bias since I'm married to him but hey I thought it was pretty cool.
Check out my new yarn holder.

Dscn1358


I have no idea if someone has already tried this or not.  I've never seen anyone use the spindle that holds the writable CDs/DVDs, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been tried.  We have tons of these stupid things around the house.  Shawn's going to use the Dremel and smooth out a whole in the center of the clear plastic lid that goes over the CD spindle (not in picture).  This won't hold really big yarn cakes but it's great for the small ones that collapse within a few minutes after you start knitting.

Just thought I'd share this with you all.



8 comments:

  1. Oh, he is a genius for doing this, and you are a gem for sharing it. I'm always wishing for something that can keep that cake round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool! I saw this used on a Knitty Gritty Knit Bit (where V Howell was interviewing people - it wasn't Vic's idea).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, now that is clever! What agreat idea - definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Shawn Dave and I are on this idea like stink on you know what. Genius! Went to Wally World this am for the Creative Knitting, but they only had the June or July issue. I need pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGawww, that is way clever!! (as I'm throwing cds away just to get the holder)....hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I have seen that before and they took the clear cover, poked a hole in the top and then pulled the yarn out through the hole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray to husbands with ideas. Great one. I need to try this one. I saw we have about the same bio, except I have boys the same age (6+10)and I'm misplaced in GA.

    ReplyDelete