Jul 13, 2007

An FO, A Magazine & A Late Night

I have an FO to report and I just glanced at the title of this post again and it sounds like the start of a bad joke.  :~)
Against all odds I finished Bree's dress last night.  One corner of the dress looks like crap so I need to go back and fix it. 

Dscn1248


Bree woke up again last night but Shawn entertained her for a bit so I could knit.  I tried the dress on her this morning but she's a tad on the crabby side so no cute baby pics today.  I'll try to get a pic of her in the dress here in the next few days. 
I used the Knitting Pure and Simple pattern #266, Little Girl Sundress or Jumper.  I love their patterns.  Simple, easy to use, well written, and easy to customize for a perfect fit.  I have several more of their patterns.  I have hooded sweater patterns for both girls and the mens Henley pattern for Shawn.

My Sept issue of Creative Knitting came in.  There wasn't any thing great for kids in this one but there are two jackets that I'd like to make for myself.  The first one is called Cables and Lace Jacket.  It's made using worsted weight yarn.  The other one is called Trailblazer Jacket and is made out of bulky weight yarn. There is also a dishcloth pattern in their that has a big cable that runs down the center. 



Sorry I can't link to pics Creative Knitting hasn't put the Sept issue on their website yet.  They are still showing July.  All in all I think I've gotten my moneys worth out of the subscription.  I renewed for another year.  I can always find at least one thing, besides the dishcloth pattern, that I'd knit out the mag.  I'll be keeping my Interweave Knits subscription too.  Some much stuff to knit not enough time or money to knit it all.   :~)






5 comments:

  1. That is very cute! I hope your keyboard gets fixed! I am so paranoid about spilling anything on my MacBook Pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No truer words were ever spoken. So many projects, so little time and money. Bree's dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Knitter, a Crocheter, and a Spinner walked into a bar. . .
    Cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant wait to see the dress on Bree!
    and I rely on you for the Creative Knitting updates! lol

    ReplyDelete