Jul 13, 2007

Updates, Rambling and Such

This afternoon was pretty much uneventful.  I did get a chance to fix Bree's dress.  I ended up having to rip out the last few rows and reknit but it looks a lot better.

I've been trying to acquire yarn to make sweaters for everyone.  Bree is covered.  I have several different skeins of Lorna's Laces worsted that I can use to make her a sweater.   I'm going to start sweater knitting after I'm done with the tank and kaity's skirt.  I know it sounds crazy to be knitting with sweaters in the middle of summer when it's 100+ degrees outside.  Since my house stays at a fairly constant temp of 70 degrees knitting a sweater is no biggie to me.  Now there is no way in Hades I'd go outside in the afternoon and knit.  I'm not that crazy.

I just realized that I have a hoodie pattern that only requires 3 skeins of LL worsted for Kaity's size.  I have 2 multi color skeins in the color Purple Club that are perfect.  I decided to look for a solid LL color to go with the multi color skeins.  I'll use the solid to work the sleeves and hood.  I'm figuring one skein should cover both. 

Now here comes the pain in the butt part.  Finding someone that has the color I want that isn't going to charge me $6 shipping for one stinking skein of yarn.  Unfortunately I already checked The Knitting Zone, she doesn't have solid colors.  I love getting stuff there because 1.) they charge actual shipping charges and 2.) I get a discount.  The best deal I've found is $17 + $4 for shipping at Jimmy Beans Wool, which I've heard some really good things about.  So I'll probably order that skein from Jimmy Beans here in the next few days.  But $21 is better then the $30-45 I was figuring I'd end up spending.  :~)

For me I'm going to be doing the Cables and Lace Jacket from the Sept 07 issue of Creative Knitting using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes.  If I can destash those last few skeins of Opal that I put out on the Destash blog I'll have enough to cover the yarn for my sweater.
By the way, have you all noticed some of the new yarns/yarn colors Knit Picks has added.  They now have a DK Swish Superwash and a hand dyed Wool of the Andes in worster....Sweet!

For Shawn I'm going to knit the Mens Henley Pullover #255 from Knitting Pure and Simple using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes or Swish.  I haven't decided which but you can guarantee it will be a manly color and it will not be black.  I love Shawn but I also love the fact that I can see.  I think an all black sweater would cause me to go blind.  I have no idea how the Yarn Harlot or Wendy knit their Bohus sweaters.....they are gorgeous though!



Look at this little dork:



Dscn1253



Zeus thinks he's human, we can't convince him otherwise.  You can't get anymore pitiful then that. 



4 comments:

  1. Excellent list of sweaters. I love doing cables. Alas, everyone here sweats profusely, so none of us wear sweaters. What's a knitter to do? Zeus, like all our pups, runs the show, I'm sure. Milo has already assumed his alpha dog status. Growled at Dave last night. I'm going nuts not being able to knit because of company here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you search Ravelry for the yarn? You might find it in someone's stash or "will trade or sell" tab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's some list. I'll really have to get the Creative Knitting and check out your sweater.
    Zeus!!!!!! My mom's toy poodle does the same thing.. so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a list! Good luck!
    I'm knitting a clapotis in the heat of summer. Gotta love that AC!

    ReplyDelete