Jul 9, 2007

Progress & Mail

Progress & Mail, what more could a girl want.  Well maybe a little extra sleep.  Bree was up till 1am.  We've been having problems getting her down for the night off and on over the past week.  My Knit Picks box came in which was my little splurge. 

Dscn1186


I got 5 skeins of Shine Worsted in the color Grass, 2 skeins of the new sock yarn Felici in the color Coastal....oh this stuff is so soft.  I'll be getting more, yum!  I got the Felici for Shawn.  It has a bit of purple in it but deemed it manly enough.  I also got 16" circs in sizes US4 - US9, minus the US8 I had bought a while back.

I finally have a little progress on the Ribs and Lace Tank.

Dscn1183


My camera drives me crazy.  The yarn is not this bright.  For a better look at the color of the yarn go here.  I need to give my camera an attitude adjustment.  Considering the fact that the pics I took of the yarn I got in today are showing the correct color, *sigh*. 



I really like the tank so far.  I think this is going to be a fast knit for me because the pattern is easy and the King Tut cotton is really nice to work with.

I've decided that I'm going to make an easy pair of socks this time.  Something that requires little thought so I've decided my next pair of SOS socks will be the Campfire Sock pattern by Cidermoon using my Glacier yarn in the Silver Pine colorway.  I'll start the Jaywalkers after the tank is an FO.



6 comments:

  1. WhooHoo - the KP order is here! I have the same grass Shine Worsted, and I bought Felici in Pebble. Great minds think alike!
    And wow - the blue in the tank is so different from the other photo. I wouldn't have a clue how to adjust the camera, though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice package from KP. I'm so tempted by those 16" circulars. The tank is looking good. I do love the color despite finicky cameras. Mine does the same. And thanks for the link to the free sock pattern. You are the queen of finding free patterns. Knit on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I don't even want to see the size of your stash! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loot in the mail!! What a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish, thanks for the comments - we are in southern CA now at my daughter's house. I, too, have ordered the new sock yarn from Knitpicks, but it did not arrive before I left. I should have just waited until the 11th when they MIGHT have the Cotlin available. Anyway, I am glad you mentioned that it is soft. I like the stripes in their sample.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get excited over KP packages, too. Sending sleepy karma your way so that Bree gets back on her sleeping schedule.

    ReplyDelete