Jul 15, 2007

FO and Progress

I finished another dishcloth.  We went into town so I needed something to work on in the car and since I currently have no socks OTN I went with another dishcloth.   This time I picked the Woozy dishcloth pattern from Smariek Knits.

Dscn1279


Yes this cloth has cables.  I also learned how to cable without a cable needle.  Wow what freedom!  I like cables.  I'm going to be doing a lot more cable practice on dishcloths.  I need the practice for the Cables and Lace Jacket I want to make and I need new dishcloths to replace my old rags when we move.  I figure that by the time we get settled in I will have a nice stack.  Next cloth up, the cabled dishcloth pattern in the Sept 07 Creative Knitting.....sorry all, no links yet.  They still have July's issue up.

Next up, Kaity's Hip in Hemp skirt.

Dscn1282


Yeah I know it isn't much.  Normally I try to have more done before I give a WIP shot but you try purling 153 stitches, on US3 needles, in the round and see how many rows you get done before hand cramps set in.   :~)  I made it 3 rounds.  I'll work more on her skirt tomorrow.

Since my hands were cramping, I was bored and not ready for bed, I started a crochet blankie for Zeus' kennel. 

Dscn1284


I'm doing a single crochet and and using an "I" hook.  I'm just using scrap acrylic from my stash.   After this one, I'll make one out of Pink and Purple for Shadows kennel. 

Oh and here's a shot of that Monster Crocheted Blanket of Boredom.

Dscn1287


I was pregnant with Bree, it was hot outside and I needed something to do.  Enter into the picture: Red Heart acrylic yarn and a crochet hook.  It gave me something to do.....Isn't it tacky!   :~)   



Shawn, Kaity and the dogs love it so I guess it can't be too bad.



5 comments:

  1. That's quite a monster blanket! I love doing cables, too, but am reluctant to do them without a needle. My stitches were uneven the last time I tried. Yours look great. Hope today is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! Hold the phone! Is my computer broken? I thought I read that you don't have socks on the needles right now? How is that possible?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crochet when my hands are tired of knitting! your woozie cloth looks cute. you should have a nice stack by the time you move.
    ps any more info on the move? shawn get his orders (is that right?) yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice wash cloth. Doing cables without a needle is very liberating. It gets a bit tricky while doing the larger cables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That monster blanket is crazy!

    ReplyDelete