Jul 23, 2007

Finally I Can Link

It's been driving me absolutely batty not being able to link the new Creative Knitting Mag.  Well I just noticed that the new magazine is loaded.  So here we go.  You can go here to see all the patterns in the Sept 07 magazine.

The Cables and Lace Jacket is first up for me.  I think the stripey thing going on is cool but it would drive me bonkers knitting it because I would want everything to match stripe wise so I'm going for a solid in Andean Silk, color: Chocolate.  This will help save my sanity!  I thought about doing the jacket in WotA or Swish since they are a bit cheaper but I think I'm going to splurge and use the Andean Silk. I'll be able to wear this with pretty much anything.

I also want to make this and this for myself.  I also thought these were cute.

Why am I writing this at 1:40am in the morning you may ask.  Well that would be because Bree decided to wake up around midnight in preparation of her b-day.  Bout 2 hours to go and she'll officially 1 year old.  :~) 
Where in the world does the time go?

Here's a some what decent shot of Bree in her new red dress.

Dscn1269


I haven't managed to get a better one of her yet.  I can't wait to get a shot of Kaity in her new skirt.  I only have about 80 some odd rows to go.  Thankfully they go fast.

Wouldn't you know it.  Knit Picks is out of stock of the damn 32" 2.75mm circ that I need.  *cussing* *more cussing* *extremely loud cussing*  Feel free to add your own words in between the * *.  Guess I'll be buying a needle somewhere else.  I'm not waiting until Aug 15th for the damn things to come back in stock.  I really need it now but have to wait till payday.  I swear this tank top of my sisters has been plagues with needle issues.  Well the good news is by the time this is all over with I will have every friggin' needle size and length on the market.   :~)   
So the Ribs and Lace Tank is on 32" circ right now but that is pushing it as far as cable length goes.  I don't think it's going to work once the ribbing starts pulling in so it's just sitting in it's bag collecting dust.



Any one have a 24" circular US2/2.75mm needle I can borrow?  Just Kidding!    :~)



7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Bree!
    I can't believe your needle woes - I think your sister should get you every needle remaining that you don't have for Christmas after all of this trouble with the tank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your frustration. I'd send you mine, but it has socks on it. Have you tried Ebay for some Addi Turbos or Addi Lace? I love the Cables and Lace sweater. That magazine has a lot of nice patterns. And what a darling picture of Bree in her new dress. Happy Birthday to the cutest little one on the net.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 40" Addi Lace size 2. If you have longer, use the magic loop method.
    Happy b-day Bree!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been searching through my needles stash for a 24" 2.75 and just can't find one. It is one of the new sizes? If so, I haven't ordered those yet. I'm off the KP to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhh Happy Birthday Bree!!!! she looks great in the dress!
    I like the cables & lace sweater... do they have more pics of it in the magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a gorgeous photo of Bree in her new dress - I jus want to kiss those delicious little cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree looks adorable in her dress.

    ReplyDelete