Jul 5, 2007

Ribs and Lace Tank

Alright, swatches have been washed and dried.  I'm using King Tut cotton yarn.  My sis bought it on sale at Little Knits...it's still on sale for those who are interested.  I'm definitely going with the swatch knit on US9 needles.  It looks so much better.  The swatch that was knit using the US10 needles looked like Crapola when it came out of the wash and no amount of blocking was going to help.

Now I took the wet swatches, threw them back into the mesh bag I use for delicates and threw them into the dryer with a two towels and dried them on the Normal setting on high heat.  This is the setting I use to dry all clothing with the exception of Bree's stuff which gets low heat....if I don't her fleece pjs will shrink up.  Those things are hard to get your hands on in the summer time.  Sheesh, there are some of us that run a/c at night.

Good news, the swatches came out without any visible shrinking.  I wouldn't dry this on high all the time but it's good to know for those "Oops" moments where it accidentally gets thrown into the dryer on High heat.

I washed the swatches with Bree's clothes which are ran on a Heavy cycle and an extra rinse.  I'm not sure how the yarn would take to fabric softener since I don't use it in Bree's load....her skins a tad sensitive.  The only thing special I did was to put the swatches into a mesh bag to keep them from snagging on Bree's stuff.  The Velcro on her bibs can be pretty harsh on other clothing.

And since not post is complete without pictures, I give you a few shots of Zeus taken by Kaity.  The poor baby is finally looking good enough to take pictures of....It's a long story....don't ask!  Suffice to say hubby is no longer allowed anywhere near the clippers used to groom the dogs.

Dscn1113



Dscn1116




3 comments:

  1. Zeus is so cute. Hmmmm, DH no longer near the clippers. Something tells me there is a story there. Glad the swatches were worth the effort. It's so d*** hot here I can't stand to pick up the needles to knit anything. I hate this heat!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy!!!!!! ooohhhh! loves the puppy!

    ReplyDelete