Jul 3, 2007

Swatch #1

I'm doing the "I Got Gauge Without Swapping Through 500 Needles" jig!

Dsc03162


Isn't it a beautiful site.  Swatch number one for the Ribs and Lace Tank is done.  From experience with this yarn, it doesn't stretch out more when it's wet then when it's dry.  I'm still going to wet block it and remeasure just to be on the safe side.  Then for S&G's I'm going to throw it into the dryer and run it through a normal dry cycle.  This is for my sis and I want to see what will happen if she accidentally throws it in the dryer.  I know from experience with Bree's halter top that it will not shrink at all when dried on low heat but I want to see what happens when it's on normal heat.  My sis is careful and has taken very good care of the socks I've knit her.  I think I'm make the Jaywalkers for her. 

So one swatch down, one more to go.  The next swatch is 2x2 ribbing for 31 rounds on size US4 needles *sigh*.  I'm so glad I know how to Magic Loop.  Since this top is knit in the round I need to swatch in the round....pain in the butt end if you ask me but I don't want to end up with a monster tank or a tank small enough to fit Kaity so knit in the round I shall.  :~)

Kaity has already claimed this swatch.  I must crochet her some handles and turn it into a purse.  Don't know what to do with all those swatches?....just ask a group of kids, they'll come up with lots of things.  4x4 swatches work perfectly for picnic blankets for Littlest Pet Shops when they go out exploring.  :~)



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as I knew it would be. Congrats on getting gauge right off the bat. I hate to swatch, even though I know it's necessary. Hope you all have a great 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEVER get gauge the first try! Good for you!
    Littlest Pet shop, huh? I'll call the SIL to see if my neice is into them.... and save my swatches for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gauge on the first try? Good job! But be careful - the knitting muses love to toy with us - keep your eyes open!

    ReplyDelete