Jul 27, 2007

Look I'm Knitting

Yesterday was a fairly busy day for me.  Laundry and all that wonderful house cleaning stuff.

Here's what I worked on.

Dscn1499


Kaity's skirt is coming together wonderfully.  I explored my options for changing colors and unfortunately with this skirt the best way to go is weaving in the ends.  I've been working a few color changes and then going back to weave in the ends that way I'm not stuck doing them all at the end.  It takes awhile to get them weaved in all nice and neat.  :~)

Other then that not to much is going on here.  I did get my 24" needle in from The Loopy Ewe so I can get back to work on my sisters tank.  I bought one of the Inox 24" circular needles.  They aren't Addi or Knit Picks but they are nice.  The joins are smooth, the cable is flexible and the tips are pointy.....what more can you ask for. 

My sweater yarn is going to have to wait.  If all goes well I'll be able to buy it after we get settled in after the move.  I have enough yarn to keep me busy with sweaters for Bree and Kaity so I don't need it right now anyways.   

I do have the go ahead to buy a skein or two of yarn this payday.  You all know where I'll be heading when payday hits....TLE...I already have $66.50 in yarn in my cart.  For some reason I think I'm going to have to weed it down to one skein for me and maybe enough yarn to make Kaity or Bree some socks.

Bree had her 12 month check-up on Wed.  She's manage to hit 16 pounds, 5 ounces.  Which still has her way below average.  This time the doc wanted tests ran to make sure there isn't an underlying problem.  So she got her immunizations and we headed down to get lab work.  Poor baby, I hate it when my kids hurt.  Our lab guys are the best but even they can't make your kiddo not cry when blood is drawn. 

Some of the tests are back already and her thyroid levels are slightly elevated and when I say slightly I'm mean very slightly.  The doc said not to sweat it that there are plenty of things that could cause this to include stress and being sick.  So it doesn't necessary mean there is anything wrong with her thyroid.  They are going to rerun the same tests and a few more next week so it means another trip back to the lab and more blood drawn some time next week.



It's official.  The movers will be here on 30 Aug to pack our stuff and then back on 31 Aug to finish any packing if necessary and load up the crates will all the packed boxes.  Which means I lose my internet on 29 or 30 Aug and will only be able to connect via dial up....Yuck!  The good news is that we will be staying in Idaho Falls, ID for the night and our hotel has high speed.  As if I'd stay in a hotel that didn't have free high speed.  "No free high speed, no stay!", that's my motto. 



Yes I know Idaho Falls is only about 4 hours from here....remember we are pulling a trailer so it will be slower going.  Plus we are getting a late start because Shawn has to go to an appoint in the morning we leave to finalize our leaving.  The AF states that we are not allowed to drive more then 8 hours/350-400 miles a day and Great Falls is more then 8 hours so we chose to stay in Idaho Falls which was were we stayed the night over 8 years ago when we moved to this base.  Plus they're paying for the hotel room and giving us 2 days to get there....might as well take advantage of it.  :~) 



7 comments:

  1. Sweet! I thought they were not going to pay for the 2 day travel?!
    I'll keep Bree in prayers. I know the blood test thing is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooowwwiiiee...I HATE that she had to go through that. Not to mention another one yet to come. I can remember having to help hold my little one down for blood one time. Not fun!! I will keep you guys in my prayers. (for the baby and the move) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the move is comming up. epp, so exciting. :)
    The colors of the skirt are cute!
    I hope everything with Bree gets figured out from all the tests. And yeah the thyroid can be odd. So no worries there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there was a reason I didn't knit a lot of striped stuff! Weaving in all those ends. The skirt is cute, though - Kaity'll love it.
    Yay - a moving plan! It'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, all the news! You have been busy. So sorry to hear about Bree, but I'm sure it's no big deal. I used to just die when Phil got shots or blood drawn. He would scream!! Good news about the move. It's coming up so soon. I know what you mean about hotels and internet. These days if no internet, no stay. Even the campgrounds here in Cody have high speed hook ups. Kaity's skirt is looking so good. I have used Inox for lace and really like them. Hope the weekend is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors on Kaity's skirt. I love the combination. Perfect for a little girly girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your little one is OK! The skirt is coming along so very nicely!

    ReplyDelete