Jul 17, 2007

Knitting Updates

No FO's but I do have some progress to report.
First up, the Cables and Lace Dishcloth from Creative Knitting, Sept 07.  Sorry no links.  I hate not being able to link but I have a feeling they won't have Sept up on the site until after 1 Aug.  This pattern is part of the cable & lace pattern used for the jacket I want to make.

Dscn1289


This dishcloth is a little bit bigger then the normal dishcloth patterns but not overly big.  I think it's suppose to be 10"x10".  All that matters is I'm lovin' the cables now.



Close up of the cable pattern:



Dscn1290



I'm liking the cables enough to almost try the Twisted Flower sock pattern by Cookie A....key word is almost!  I do need to pick out a challenging pattern for the Loopy Ewe Q3 Challenge.  I'm thinking of doing Gothic Spire in either the Bright Red or Caribbean (blue) Louet Gems I have in my stash.

Next up, Kaity's Hip in Hemp skirt.

Dscn1292


Once again I'm showing you all a small amount of progress, or so it seems.  See that thick bit of pink at the top, that's where the elastic is encased.  Remember in the last post where I said I had to purl 10 rows in the round?  This was the reason why.  You purl 10 rows, hold the elastic behind the needles, fold the rest of the rows back over the elastic and pick up a stitch on the cast on row and knit it together with one of the stitches on the needle.  You continue to do this all the way around encasing the elastic in the 10 rows you purled.  I picked up and k2tog for 153 stitch.  Talk about a major accomplishment.  It's also a bit challenging when you get to the last 2 inches of the band.
It took me about 45 minutes to get the band done.  Thankfully now it's just knit stitches with some SSKs, K2tog, YOs,  M1L, and M1R thrown in for good measure.  I won't post another pic until I have some real progress to show.



Cute baby shot to break up the paragraphs.    :~)



Dscn1262





Well I'm off to tackle the rest of the laundry and weed through some more stuff.   We made great progress yesterday and I don't want to break that momentum. 



Yesterday we got rid of the junk in our room and Kaity's.  Now our rooms junk (old papers, clothing, etc) fit into two bags.  The trash fit into a plastic shopping bag and clothing that we are donating to charity fit into a 13 gallon kitchen bag.  Now Kaitys room we had to bust out the big outdoor trash bags, I think they are 33 gallons.  Junk toys, old drawings, broken stuff filled up on big trash bag.  Stuffed animals and toys she doesn't play with anymore filled up a second one and clothing that we are passing on to a friend filled up another 13 gallon bag.  That isn't counting the books that we put on Bree's bookshelf because Kaity has grown out of them.  Needless to say her room is now completely under control.   :~)



Hope everyones having a great day!



3 comments:

  1. your cables look great! nice work.
    smooshie cute baby!KISSES!
    I just filled a few of those bags- the 55gal one myself. between the basement and the garage... what's trash and what to freecycle... it just never ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're making great progress on the cleaning/packing, so I guess we can cut you some slack on the knitting front!
    I think you should totally go for the Twisted Flower pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dishcloth is the nicest I have ever seen. I, too, love cables. It's usually a Fall thing for me. Glad you are getting things cleaned out. It is a good feeling. Tomorrow I am FREE.

    ReplyDelete