Jul 23, 2007

Exciting Knitting Wanted!

Hey does anyone know where in the world my interesting knitting and yarn content went?  I swear I've been knitting more dishcloths then anything else.  Nothing wrong with dishcloth knitting but I could've swore I had other projects going on. 
I threw this together yesterday.

Dscn1437


Yup, it's another dishcloth.  I used the Grandma's Favorite pattern again....it's so easy, requiring no thinking at all.  Shoot I can knit this one without looking at the needles, which a major bonus in my opinion.  This cloth doesn't look to bad considering I've been using what ever yarn I pull out of the dishcloth cotton bag.  All my dishcloth cotton has it's own zip up clear bag for storage.  I have so damn much of it it won't fit with the rest of my stash.  I can't help it, when I'm in Wal-Mart I always head back to the yarn to look....as if Wal-Mart is ever going to get anything different.  I end up throwing at least two balls of dishcloth cotton in the cart.



Speaking of Wal-Mart, ours has finally started cutting back the yarn section.  I knew it was only a matter of time.  Hopefully the Joann's and Michaels in Great Falls carry a decent selection of yarn.  Mostly all I care about is dishcloth cotton but I guess that's no biggie because I can go through tons of places online.  I just like the instant gratification of being about to take it home right then and there instead of having to wait.  There's nothing like being able to pet and drool on the yarn in person instead of drooling on the keyboard and putting finger prints on your monitor.   :~)



I got the Lorna's Lace Shepherd worsted yarn (the yarn on the right) in for Kaity's sweater.



Dscn1442



I'll be using KP&S pattern #232.  The main body of the sweater will be in the variegated and the arms and hood will be in the solid.  I think they go pretty well together.  The variegated is Purple Club and the solid is Violet.  Purple Club has splashes of violet in it.  I'm not the greatest with color coordination.



Well I'm off to feed the kiddos & myself some lunch.  Hopefully everyone's day is going well. 



4 comments:

  1. OOOHHH pretty colors! that sweater is going to look great!
    nothing wrong with dishcloths... they are easy, portable and fill in the gaps between other porjects nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're going to have to stage an intervention on the washcloths - J/K! Knit what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LL worsted! And you don't need WMT or Michaels - you'll have an LYS in Great Falls!
    http://www.pamsknitnstitch.com/ complete with an exclusive Montana Wool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably already know whether or not Great Falls has some handy yarn store, but for your sake, I sure hope they do. And . . . did you get that red cotton form Walmart? Mine never hs that color.

    ReplyDelete