Jul 7, 2007

Thought I Had Progress

I started the Ribs and Lace Tank.  I cast on my stitches, all 165 of them, and happily started knitting away.  I was keeping track of the stitches but apparently not good enough because I made it through row 6, realized I missed a YO a few rows back and rip....the rest is history.  It would have taken me longer to rip back the two rows and get all 165 stitches back on the needles then it would be to rip the whole darn thing out and start again.  I'll restart tomorrow afternoon. 

So, instead of a progress shot of the Ribs and Lace Tank I'll give you a shot of the swatches that I turned in to little purses for Kaity. 

Dscn1169

The swatches are no longer needed so Kaity is going to put them to good use.   She's very proud of her new purses.  She took this pic herself with the mega crochet blanket of Red Heart wonderness as a background.  Basically it was my practice swatch if you want to call it something and boy was it a big swatch.  I hadn't crocheted in years so I needed some practice before I started the ripple blanket for Kaity.  If I can remember, I'll take pics tomorrow so you can see it....talk about a crack up.  It covers the couch, Kaity and Shawn like it, I think it's kinda tacky.  :~)

Shot of my little swimmer:


Dscn1162


She was super excited to swim in a "real" pool.



Hopefully tomorrow evening I'll be able to post some actual WIP shots of the Ribs and Lace Tank.  Tomorrow is also attack laundry mountain day...Fun, fun, fun!



4 comments:

  1. Ah, the frog pond. How many times have I been there? Sorry it happened to you. Kaity is a cutey, that's for sure. So glad she likes her purses. What a great idea! Hope you the tank goes better this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea for swatches! Sorry about having to rip out the tank, but you'll be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to learn how to drop down a stitch and fix a missing YO. Yes, you can totally do that! much better than ripping!
    The pool looks great! Kaity looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for the swatches! Cute swimmer!

    ReplyDelete