Jul 5, 2007

Tank Progress

Swatching is complete for the ribs and lace tanks.  Here's a shot of the 2x2 ribbing knit up on DPs.

Dsc03166


It looks to a little shy of 4" but it isn't.  I think it may have just been the angle I shot the photo.  I've noticed that when I knit socks using Magic Loop my gauge is the same as when I'm using DPs.  So I'm hoping that I won't have an issue with this top.  I'll have to keep and eye on it and check my gauge when I get a few rows into it.

Here's a shot of both swatches I made with the lace pattern. 

Dsc03167


I used a US10 on the one on the left and a US9 on the swatch on the right.  I've got gauge with the second one.  I was happy with the first swatch until I finished the second one.  I like the fabric of the second swatch much better.  The stitches are a little tighter and the swatch has a nice feel to it.  If you click on the picture it will open up to full size and you can see the stitch detail better.  I think you all will agree that the swatch on the right is the better one.   :~)



I'm off to enjoy the A/C before Kaity drags me outside to play in her swimming pool.  Shawn set it up so it will be in the shade this afternoon but it's still pretty hot in the shade.  Ack, I hate the heat and it's suppose to hit 106 F today *sigh*, I hate summer.  I'd be happy if there was a place that stayed about 75 F year round.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, definately the one on the right.
    106?? ooohhh I'm dyin'.
    I can't stand the heat. just no way to get cool... as opposed to when its cold and you can put on more layers, once you are naked that's pretty much it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the one on the right, definitely. I didn't realize it got so hot in Idaho! Whew - and I was complaining about the 90's down here. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete