Jan 4, 2007

Baby Bootie Experience

I decided to post a little about the baby bootie I worked up so I would know what I was talking about so I could help my mom. I did the baby bootie for my mom and it ended up being kinda like when you pick up stitches for the gusset of a sock, which my mom's never made socks so I can see where that stumped her....would have stumped me had I not made socks. To tell you the truth it did stump me for about 15 minutes. I was trying to figure out how to pickup stitches with one needle. Needless to say I just went for it and had one of those Holy Crap moments where everything comes together and the light bulb starts to flash...lol.

The problem is that you have to pickup and knit the stitches all onto one needle so you have the right side of the booties stitches, then the heel stitches, and then the left side stitches. The only prob I had was picking up the left side stitches with the right side stitches and the instep already on the needle....you kinda have to manipulate the yarn a little bit to get it to work. After the stitches were picked up it was smooth sailing. It's a damn cute baby bootie but I think I will stick to using my 5 little ancient torture sticks and sock making...lol! My mom can make the baby booties for little peanut and I'll make the little socks.

On a brighter note I did find a website that is selling Brittany Birch 5" needles for like $5.85. Needless to say I will be ordering a few sets of 1's and 2's this payday so that I can have more then one sock project going. If I can find the time to even cast on. Here's hoping that Bree decides to take her nap tomorrow. The poor baby was soooooo tired I had a hard time getting her to bed tonight. She didn't doze off till about 11pm. She spent a good 45 minutes alternating between sleeping and fussing...poor baby.

Labels:



No comments:

Post a Comment