Jan 9, 2007

Knitting Update


Now that I have internet connectivity I can finally post about the items I finished and stuff that I started. Over the weekend I finished my Dishcloth KAL, started my sisters socks, ditched a pair of socks that just weren't working out, and attempted to start a new pair of socks for Kaity.

The pics above are (left): Dishcloth KAL....I do not block dishcloths. They are going to get used to wash dishes so I don't bother to block them....lol. (Right): The first sock of my sisters socks, which was the bane of my existence when I first started knitting it. It's already had flying lessons. The yarn is Online Highland Color #843 from the Linie 3 collection. I'm using a 4 stitch Waffle Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks and US 1 size DPN's....they are one of the sets that Sue sent me....thanks Sue, these needles are so nice and smooth, the yarn is sliding on them nicely. The yarn kinda hides the pattern but it shows up better in person. It's hard to capture all the details with a camera. I showed them to my sis and she's really liking them so the frogging 3 times was definitely worth it....lol.

Hopefully I can get Kaity's socks going now. Her socks are currently me new frustration. Me and gauge just can't seem to get along with these socks....lol. I'm going to attempt to get my gauge tonight. I can't sleep so who knows how long I may be up....might as well make good use of the time. So maybe I'll have an update on her socks. I'm using Lorna's Lace Shepard's Sport. I love the feel of it. If LL Sport feels this nice I can imagine what the LL Sock will be like. I can't wait to get some now....lol.

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment