Jan 17, 2007

Peanut's Blankie

I started baby Peanut's blanket tonight. I've got 4 of the 6 blocks that go across done and have started the 5th one. I don't think it's going to take me to long to get this blanket done....what you see here in the pic is about 3 hours of work. I'm liking this pattern and I am definitely loving this yarn....Encore Colorspun. It's 80% acrylic and 20% wool so it has a nice soft feel to it because of the wool. For being mostly acrylic it doesn't have that acrylicy type feel to it. I will be buying this yarn again. I might buy some of the DK weight to make some socks for Kaity. Even the worsted weight would make good house socks. The worsted weight which is what I'm using feels a little lighter and thinner then Red Heart. I'm thinking about getting some of the pink/purple mix to make a bigger blanket for Bree. If I make one for Bree I'm going do a little pattern changing and make the squares 8" x 8" instead of 4" x 4". This blanket should come out small enough that it will be able to be used for a variety of things. Which is what I was shooting for and I want a something that can take the abuse of everyday life. This blanket definitely fits that bill.

Now on to this pic. Does this look like a baby who is enjoying her dinner? I think not....lol. We tried Peas today and they did not go over at all. She liked the Carrots and Sweat Potatoes but she is just not liking the Peas right now. We'll set those aside for another day and move on to something else. Squash or Green Beans....which will she like? lol!!!!

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment