Jan 30, 2007

Tuesdays Fun!

What do you get when you take one human mommy, a very shaggy 35 lb cocker spaniel, 2 pair of clippers, and 6 hours of time? You get a human mommy wanting a Capt Morgans and Coke, with a very clogged nose, coated in the hair that was once on the cocker spaniel and a cocker with a bad hair cut.
This afternoon I swapped my knitting time for dog shaving time. My cocker spaniel, Shadow, was in serious need of a grooming. My fault completely, I've been a bad mommy. Due to lack of time the poor girl ended up with a bunch of knots in her fur and the hair on the top of her head was so long she couldn't see where she was going. : )
Now me being allergic to pet dander and all, wanted to take my loving fur baby to our groomer to get her done up. When I groom the dogs it plugs my nose up almost all the way and gives me a vicious headache. So you could probably understand why I would want to take Shadow to the groomer.
Now a normal trip to the groomer would cost about $50 or so but with all the knots and long fur it probably would have upped the price considerably. So Shawn in his infinite wisdom and frugality decided that we (please interpret the we as I) would shave Shadow here at the house. So being the helpful spouse that he is he ran to the store to get me another pair of clippers (YIPPY)!!!.....my first set is getting dull and I need to get new blades.
Between 2 sets of clippers and 6 hours of time I was able to get Shadow shaved, yes she was that bad and no it ain't pretty so I will skip the pics. Needless to say, from here on out Shadow will be going to a groomer and Trish will not be shaving dogs anymore. : )
5 hours later I'm starting to finally be able to breathe out my nose. I still want that Capt Morgans and Coke but since I'm nursing Bree still the rum and coke will have to wait *sigh*.

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment