Jan 18, 2007

Poor Bree

My poor little Bree was so crabby today because of her 6 month shots and they also gave her a flu shot, which came to a grand total of 3 shots. She didn't nap at all and she didn't want to be anywhere but cuddled up in my arms. I felt so bad for her, but at least she doesn't have to get anymore for 6 months.

Bree went to bed late so I didn't get much knitting done. I decided to cast on for another fun fur hat. They're simple mindless knitting so I can do that through the day when Bree is awake and Kaity is at home. I'll save my sock knitting and Peanuts blanket to work on at night when both my girls are in bed. That way I don't lose count and have to tink or even worse frog. Ah, ya gotta love knitting speak.

My yarn stash is slowly taking over a corner of the living room. There is yarn in zip up bags, ziplock bags, grocery bags, priority mail bags....you name it they're all over the place.....not to mention the yarn in the plastic tubs. Here in the next few days I'm going to be doing some major organizing. Kaity has a play kitchen that is beat up and falling apart, plus she doesn't play with it anymore so out it goes and in comes the 3 big drawer storage thing that use to have all my quilting stuff in it. Yes I like to make quilts too but don't have the room or time to set up my sewing machine to sew right now, so I sold off my fabrics on eBay. Some day I'll have a room of my own for my crafts. I'm a woman of many talents. :-)

And here I am adding to my stash and planning on adding more.....Ok I can see a habit forming here...lol. I've been looking for worsted weight yarn to make Bree some summer dresses. I know it's winter but I've got to start planning now. There are three different dresses I'm looking at. I'm leaning more toward the one called Emma's Sundress and the Knitting Pure & Simple Toddler Jumper/Sundress (see my side bar for projects in waiting). The Knitting Pure and Simple uses about 205 yards of yarn and I was thinking about splurging on one or two dresses and getting some Lorna's Lace Shepherd Worsted....maybe I'll get lucky and catch a sale somewhere. I just love that yarn.....I think it would make a soft dress. I think for the rest I will probably fall back on Plymouth Encore in both solids and prints.

Well I'm off to go dream of yarn frolicking around in a meadow with butterflies and flowers waiting for me to take it home and knit it up into something beautiful. I know, I know I just can't be a normal woman and dream of Russell Crow or George Clooney.....lol.

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment