Jan 27, 2007

First Sock Done!!!!

WooHoo. It only took me 13 days to do it but the first sock is done....lol. I did cast on the second sock as soon as I got done winding the yarn into a center pull ball. I actually sat there and counted out the colors in order on the finished sock as the yarn was winding into a ball. I wanted to make sure that I was going to have enough yarn. Good news is I've got enough with a few yards to spare. I've yet to breakdown and buy a digital scale to weight yarn on. I've added it to my list but for some reason yarn keeps getting bumped to the top of the list.

This sock had better fit my sister. I tried it on and it's to tight and short for me so it should fit her just fine. Her foot is about 1/2 a size smaller then me plus her foot is skinnier. My sizing has been right on the money with all of Kaity's socks so I think it's good to go. Of course she isn't here right now so it will have to wait till she gets back.

My Aunt is wanting to learn how to make socks and is waiting for me to come over in March so that I can help her through the sock making process. My guess is that she's seen a pair of Kaity's hand knit socks. The kid wears the hell out of them so I would not be surprise if she packed at least on pair....lol. I'm going yarn store hopping when I get over there so I'll be able to help her get some yarn and needles. I think I'm going to have her make her first sock with worsted weight or at least sports weight yarn so she can get a handle on using the needles. This should be a FUN challenge since we are talking about someone that hasn't wanted to move past the knit stitch....lol. This should be fun teaching her to SSK and K2tog....Lol. Wish me luck and lots of patience. : )

Labels:



No comments:

Post a Comment