Jan 9, 2007

Kaity's Lorna's Lace Sport Socks

OK, here's the update on her socks. I don't think this picture does justice to the yarn. The colors are brighter then they show up in the pic, but this is pretty close. I finally got them on the needle and they're going to stay there this time. They didn't take anymore flying lessons tonight either....lol. They still look a little small but this yarn has some really good stretch. I've got about 2.5 inches on them, so I have about 10 inches to go before the second one will get started. I can get like 9 st per inch with this yarn on US 2 needles and the yarn still has good stretch and isn't stiff. I ended up having to go up to a US 5 needle to hit close to gauge. I ended up with 7 stitches per inch. I guess I can say I'm a tight knitter.

One of these days I'll learn how to do Magic Loop so that I can do both socks at once. My LYS is trying to convert me from DPN's to 2 Circs or Magic Loop. I might try it one of these days but I'm one of those who seems to love her DPN's.

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment