Jan 22, 2007

Civil War KAL

I decided that I'm going to make my first foray into making a shawl. Of course I go and pick a big one....lol. This thing is suppose to be like 72" in diameter. I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to block this baby when I'm done with it. I don't think I have that much space in my house...lol.
The other day I joined in on the Civil War KAL. I saw the design and fell in love with it. Of course now I can't decide if I'm going to use lace weight or fingering weight yarn. I was starting to chicken out on the lace weight yarn since it is so skinny but now I'm thinking about going with it. I've got until payday to make up my mind...lol. I'll probably go with lace weight, time to get brave and jump right in. If I go with lace weight yarn then I'm going with Sue's suggestion and getting JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk Yarn.
Of course this also means another shopping trip through the Knit Picks website for some longer cables.....of course that means I'll have to buy something else....lol. I think I'll lay off the sock yarn for now. I may pick up some worsted weight yarn to try my hand at a skirt for Kaity I found in March's Creative Knitting magazine. I can get some of the Swish Superwash.

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment