Jan 11, 2007

Charity Knitting

I was reading someones blog...can't remember for the life of me who's blog I read it on...but they were talking about making children's fun fur caps for charity. BTW: they are also excepting other types of caps but the kids mostly want fun fur...No hat will be turned away unloved. What kid wouldn't want a fun fur hat. The stuff is so outrageously funny and fuzzy when it's knitted up. Kaity loves her fun fur hat, speaking of which I need to knit her a new one too. Guess I'll have her pick out her fav colors....duh as if I can't guess that Color!!! and knit one up for her too. Seeing this post, on the blog I can't remember, peaked my attention so I trotted off to Kate's blog...I use trotted figuratively, as if you'd ever catch me trotting....hah!

Kate is running this charity for Children's Hospital Boston, which treats children from all over the world. I figured what the hay I'll go for it. They'll be fun to make. I snagged some Lionbrand Fun Fur from JoAnn's for $2.79 a skein and I'll probably find more at Wal-Mart in the markdown area. Makes me wish I would have snagged some of this stuff from time to time when I seen it on sale or marked down. I just never figured I'd use it. That's what I get for thinking....lol. "Note to Self: No More Thinking" Our Wally World seems to always have stuff like that marked down. I always stop by to see what they have. The hats are due to Kate by I believe the 27 of Feb. If anyone has fun fur that they don't want you can send it to me and I'll knit them up into caps or you can got to Kate's blog and sign up to knit some too.

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment